Natraj Cuisine of India
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I went to this restaurant with my family since it was getting late for my son's dinner time. My son is 3 yrs old. I ordered Vegetable Pulav and it tastes worse. We ordered for a paratha and the waiter forgot about it.. He brought it later by that time my son was screaming with hunger.. soon we decided to pack the food and I asked them to pack it. the waiter did not even pack the roti (bread) in aluminium foil and he just used a paper. By the time we got back to the car, the bread became hard and my son just throwed that.. overall very bad experience.. there was a frozen yoghurt next block and it was a sigh of relief for us. I will never go back to this restaurant..

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank sgmkjsekar

Tustin CA
“Friendly, Lively, Broad Menu, Casual”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The Natraj menu is really varied, without being overwhelming, and includes a nice variety of veggie dishes in addition to meat. Our group of six ordered eight dishes to share (we know they are smaller than some places provide), plus Nan. Many of the dish names were unlike those we'd encountered before, so I offer English translations here.

Dishes which got the most raves from our table were their lobster, their spinach with cheese, and both their Fruit Nan and Garlic Nan. Everything was well cooked and presented attractively and with nice enthusiasm and smiles from a very friendly staff.

We were delighted that they offered wine by the bottle for $20 in every variety, as well, of course, as some more expensive. It is nice to be able to order decent wines without paying more than for the dinner, at such a casual place.

Our only "complaint" is that several of the dishes were pretty mildly flavored rather than more powerfully, as in most Indian dishes we've had before. This was also true the last time we were here, in 2012, so was just not the result of a particular chef. It is possible to request them "hotter," but I'm talking about flavor intensity.

They were very busy on Saturday night at 6:30 - good for them! Being on Coast Highway across from the beach helps! Prices are very reasonable. We will certainly be back.

• Visited March 2013
World
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This is the worst indian restaurant I've ever been to. On the buffet every single dish was awful. The dahl was bland. The spinach seemed old. The beans tasted horrible. Everything was bad. I'll never go there again.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank worldtraveler2392123
Foster City, California
“The BEST Indian Food Ever!”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I have had my fair share of Indian food, but Natraj is by far the best Indian food I have ever had! My husband and I travel 40 min to and from home every other weekend just to eat here! I have been eating here for the past 8 years and have never grown tired of it. I call the Chicken Tikka Masala my "death bed food," because it is the last thing I want to eat before i die someday. And I love a lot of different food, but I seriously have food dreams about this place when we haven't been in a few weeks. their Garlic Naan is wonderfully soft and delicious and the rice is so flavorful. Also, the people who own and run it could not be any nicer! They have our order memorized because we get the same thing every time, so we never have to order! It makes us feel very special. This place is a must try for anyone visiting Laguna Beach!

• Visited November 2012
Laguna Niguel
“Great food but needs to be cleaned up”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

If you love Indian food you will love Natraj, unfortunatly the place needs a makeover, seating and flooring is very dirty, Service is good and food is great. I am a foodie so I see past the atmosphere. Try their Chicken Tika, it's amazing, like Indian Fajita's.

• Visited November 2012