“gift cards”
Review of Elephant Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

Elephant Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Japanese, Asian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Laguna Woods, California
“gift cards”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Was disappointed in the fact they were our of Coors Light beer on a Fri. night...someone should be on top of beer availability on the week-end. Our gift card from the Elephant Bar was only good for food, not alcohol....a card is a card what I buy with it is no concern to anyone else. The card should be good for all purchases. Over-all the food was fine and of good portions and the other beers on hand were good. Service was fine and will be back with the remainder of our gift card to use for FOOD only I guess.

• Visited January 2014

Laguna Hills
“Why would you eat here?”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This restaurant is very pretty and well appointed. The service is friendly. But the food is just not good. I tried it three times before writing this review because I wanted to give them a chance. But after this last time, when I got a salad that was limp and some of the lettuce was black, and the shrimp and crab tasted nasty, I had to write. My friend's salad was ok but came with no dressing. Previously I tried the tofu stir-fry but it's covered in an icky sweet sauce. The iced tea selection is terrible and the green ginger tea is sweet! Really?? People who drink green tea don't want someone else sweetening it. And then the server (very nice) told me they don't sweeten it with sugar - "it's something else, I'm not sure what." That does NOT work for me - I want to know what I'm ingesting. I have yet to have a good meal there and just won't go back. I do NOT recommend it in any way. I hope they improve and maybe serve at least a few fresh, healthy items not filled with fat sugar and salt.

• Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too noises!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The food is good, but they play really fast, really loud music while you eat. It is very difficult to digest your food. We have mentioned it to the manager, but he says they can't do anything because of the corporate office.

• Visited June 2013
Laguna Woods, California
“pricing”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Even for Happy Hour the beers were a "tad" steep and the wonton appetizer (fried) was way over priced. The creamed chicken entree was of good portions, but lacked taste. Service was good and will go back to try other entrees and appetizers.

• Visited October 2013
FRESNO
“unsatisfied”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went to dinner prior to a concert. It was withing walking distance from our hotel. The food was good, but there were so many little bugs around our table, it might have been the lighting but it was hard to enjoy the food. Then we went to the bar to order a shot, and noticed the bill said 3 drinks @ $6 for a total of $24. My friend made a comment to the bartender, letting her know that wasn't adding up and she said the alcohol was a $1 more....really?A shot? and why isn't showing up on my bill? Just be mindful of your bill.

• Visited October 2013