“mediocre”

Good for: Groups
Laguna Hills, California
“mediocre”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Food isn't Italian - it's just glued together pasta with a chicken breast.
Plenty of oil and garlic thrown in - but the service was slow, food mediocre, and there is no reason to return.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Pat B

Orange County, CA
“Standard faire, good flavor, not so good service”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Overall I like Olive Gardens. They're usually pretty good and have enough locations that you're always near one. They are having their "Never Ending Pasta Bowl" promotion again so my wife and I, along with another couple, decided to partake.

First the food was OK. We all chose the NEPB and one thing we all noticed was that they were a bit skimpy on the sauce. On both the large "first" bowl and the follow up smaller bowls. It's a little irritating to have to request more sauce just so you have enough for the pasta. The bread was a bit hard as well. I chose the soup (Pasta e Fagioli) instead of the salad and as always that came hot and delicious. The sauces were flavorable, there was just not enough. I tried the new Sausage Pomodora which I thought was great, then followed it up with their classic meat sauce. Other choices at the table included the alfredo sauce and marinara and as always they were good.

However the service was an issue. We had a server who just was not a very good listener. It started with my buddy ordering ice tea with no lemon. She brought ice tea with extra lemon. When ordering our pastas I had to say a couple of times that I didn't want meatballs before she got it. I also ordered angel hair pasta and was serves penne. Lastly, when my buddy was done with his first bowl and ready to order his second she just picked up his plate and started walking away. He had to call out to her to order his second bowl.

Overall it was not a horrible dining experience but could have been so much better. We'll probably stay away from this location in the future.

• Visited August 2013
Simi Valley, California
“UPDATED REVIEW...Long time favorite, no more”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My last review of this location was June 21, 2013. I came back to enjoy one of my favorite meals that I passed up the last time, chicken parmesan. My wife ordered a shrimp pasta dish, one daughter had cheese ravioli while my other daughter ordered lasagna. Understanding that the parent company of OG is Darden Enterprises who has been going through some serious downfalls for a while finally caught up to me as a consumer. Here goes my updated review:
Warm salad, not the crisp salad of days ago. Lasagna lacked consistency as well as sauce above the mushy square, (like a sponge). The chicken parmesan tasted as if previously frozen TV dinner and popped in the oven; the watery sauce lacked any sort of Italian flavor and was slopped over the limp pasta. Daughters ravioli also tasted as if a frozen dinner. It lacked a tasty cheese blend (ricotta) as well as the same watery sauce was used. My wife's shrimp pasta dish lacked again any Italian seasoning and the shrimp tough from being over cooked. I asked to speak with the manager on duty and asked her bluntly 'has corporate changed the recipes of there food items?" speaking primarily of the chicken parmesan. She hesitated and said YES. It was obvious. On another small note there was also a cut back on birthday celebration. In years past when we mentioned that it was a birthday dinner there was a small service charge for a little chocolate cake that was served, no problem. Now a days a small whipped chocolate something,about a spoon full, was served at no charge. I would have paid for the cake if they had it.
Our server Julie was very nice and patient and although we all experienced a poor meal, 2 meals were comped by management but that does not make up to our tasteless meals and future business for them.

• Visited July 2013
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Good Italian food.”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Good Italian food,... The salmon fish we had was very tasty. A nice cosy place dine out with you family.

Visited June 2013
Simi Valley, California
“Today 4 out of 5 stars”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Enjoying OG for many years I took my 93 yr old mother and wife to OG based on advertised specials. After reviewing the special selection that included desert I went back to the regular menu and ordered something different than what I normally get (chicken park). Wife and mother went for the specials. Our waitress Cassie was accommodating to my mothers needs without hesitation and kept out glasses filled with iced tea throughout our visit but I did need to ask for silverware and napkins since they forgot to leave them when we sat down. Manager Larry was very personable and marketed the patrons the proper way by visiting each table to make sure our meals were acceptable as well as passing out a coupon that could be used starting the next week. Now for the food ratings, salad (iceberg) was not completely chilled and somewhat limp. The stuffed chicken marsala was completely different from the picture in the menu and I questioned the manager who told me that 'stuffed' was actually a chicken breast butterflied and then topped with filling then folded closed (as if filled) and if I was not satisfied offered to replace the meal but I declined then he offered me a dessert instead and I accepted. Although I was not satisfied with my selection I was impressed he (mgr) made an offer. Overall I was impressed and will continue to come and enjoy OG.

• Visited June 2013