“pretty good”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I had the chicken fried steak, we also had the fried fish and BLT. The food was good, no comlaints. The service was excellent. The decor was ok. Take into consideration that mostly retired folks eat here. I was pleasantly suprised, with the food and service. I even thanked the manager for a great waitress!

Reviewed 5 August 2012

What a fun place! When you first walk in, you see all the breads and bakery items, including their special jumbo sized cinnamon rolls, and the rest of this gift shop area. The day we were there they also had some yummy pineapple bread. As you go further into the restaurant, it is old country cafe style with your basic booths, but the menu tells you that you are definitely at home.

How to choose from the many sandwiches or the many pies was difficult. You can also do combo's there with soup, sandwich and pie all as one deal (definitely recommended). I selected something called Banberry Pie, a banana strawberry blend that was delicious, including the nicely flakely crust. My wife had the Peach pie which was huge. It was so fresh, I could smell the slice and loved the taste I got to sample as well.

If in the area, we would definitely go back.

1  Thank AndrewOAz
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Polly's is right on Moulton Parkway in a nice little center, halfway between Lake Forest and El Toro Rd. If you didn't know it was there you'd miss it.

The food is great--mostly Southern-style and their pies are outstanding and inexpensive.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I love Polly's. My husband and I went in for a simple piece of pie and coffee after church one Sunday morning. Our server was very hospitable, I wish I could remember her name. She was an older (not OLD though) blonde woman, a little taller. And she gave us some cinnamon rolls to go for free. My husband and I love it here!

1  Thank es9211
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I love to go to this place and spell the chicken and pies cooking. The chicken salad sandwich on toasted fresh raisin bread makes my mouth water just thinking about it,, and this is the only place I know where I can get Grandma's apricot pie.

1  Thank xxtrasafe