Laguna Hills Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$108
US$142
US$129
US$102
  • Spa
Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County(Mission Viejo)(Great Value!)
US$140
Fairfield Inn
Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel(Lake Forest)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$103
BestWestern.com
Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum(Lake Forest)(Great Value!)
US$116
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
US$142
Homewood
All reviewsfire stationel torohard boiled eggsgarden roomcontinental breakfastyogurtacross the streetfree wifimariposa roompageant of the masterslaundry facilitiesbusiness centerpool areabuilding cexercise roomshort driveorange county
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I generally stay in chain hotels, because I've found that independently-owned properties can sometimes be poorly-run, but I chose to stay here largely because of the very positive TripAdvisor reviews. Thankfully, it was a good decision.

Every interaction I had with the staff was positive -- people were unusually friendly. The cookie at check-in is a nice touch. Even though the property is older, my room looked like it was recently updated. The flat-screen TV was great. I also really appreciated the free parking and free continental breakfast. The breakfast isn't particularly elaborate, but there are cereals, pastries, yogurt, and more. It's enough. And it's free!

The hotel is also located conveniently off of I-5, making it easy to get everywhere in Orange County.

I got a good night's sleep in a clean room for a reasonable price, without any unexpected extra charges.

Room Tip: I think Buildings A and B are better than Building C -- especially the rooms overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My husband and I stayed 16 nights at the Lodge and enjoyed every minute of it. The staff were very welcoming after our long trip over from the UK. Room was perfect size for us nice large king bed clean linens, towels changed every day and rooms cleaned well. Facilities as in gym and free WIFI were brilliant, Pool was clean and well kept, poolside showers and toilets immaculately clean. Handy residents laundry facilities. Breakfast had plenty of choice in healthy options perfect to set us up for the day. Situated in a lovely safe area near to freeways, malls and beach towns. We were worried about possible noise from freeway but heard none, we stayed in building C next to Paseo da Valencia but had no road noise issues at all. Gardens are kept beautifully and give the property a laid back relaxed environment. We will definitely be returning to stay next summer. After our stay at Laguna we went up to Vegas and stayed at Planet Hollywood where they wanted to charge $25 per day to use the gym and $14 per day for WIFI and no coffee making facilities in rooms!!!! Having read the odd negative review about the lodge I wonder what some people expect and indeed find to moan about these people really need to get a life and stop complaining about nothing.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison C
Reviewed 22 August 2011

A true Botique Hotel. We found the people at the front desk to be very personable and accommodating. In spite of being Freeway Close it is extremely Quiet. A gorgeous pool and Sauna. A fantastic Continental Breakfast with great choices far and above the typical Continental. A fantastic all around great experience and we will be back before long for a pleasure trip and not business.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but try for a garden room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DaveLongBeach_CA
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I booked a bank of 15 rooms at the Laguna Hills Lodge for my daughter's wedding in July. Everyone who stayed here was complimentary and pleased with the accomodations. They commented on the helpful staff, pleasant grounds, accessibility to freeway and shopping, breakfast, pool, laundry room, etc.
Thanks very much for making our family and friends feel at home by going the extra mile in offering a suitable rate, giving out welcome bags, keeping reservations current, and acknowledging the newlyweds with a rose bouquet from the garden!
We'll certainly recommend you to our future out-of-town guests.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Laguna_Hills_Lodge, Owner at Laguna Hills Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

We love taking care of wedding guests at the Lodge and your family and friends were a delight! We truly are honored when guests choose us for such a special occasion. The fresh-picked rose bouquet for the bride was arranged by Liliana, one of our awesome guestroom staff. She does a great job! Thanks so much for your kind words, Bill Crawford, Owner/Manager, Laguna Hills Lodge

Reviewed 15 August 2011

This hotel has the worst customer service of any hotel I have ever had the displeasure of dealing. I made a reservation through Priceline.com 10 days prior to staying here and my sole request was for a non-smoking room as my daughter has asthma. The customer service/reservation person (Roland Balawan) told me in a very rude email that there is no way they could give me a non-smoking room and that I need to go back to Priceline and request a new hotel. I understand if they are told on short notice but 10 days isn't enough notice in a non-sold out hotel? Orange County has long been known as an area where they care only about money and not customer service and this reinforces that notion.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank KRS123
Laguna_Hills_Lodge, Owner at Laguna Hills Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We looked into your reservation and confirmed with Priceline that it was for a smoking room (we have 6 smoking rooms - out of 121 rooms - grouped together in one building). We also verified that the hotel was sold out of non-smoking rooms at the time you requested a move from a smoking to a non-smoking room. We apologize for any rudeness by Roland. Roland has a reputation for being very courteous and we assure you that his intent in referring you to Priceline was to help with a solution using the company you selected. Please feel free to call the Lodge and ask for Jean if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Bill and Pat Crawford, Owners/Managers, Laguna Hills Lodge