Laguna Hills Lodge
US$98
AscendHotels
US$134
  • Spa
Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County(Mission Viejo)(Great Value!)
US$140
Fairfield Inn
Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel(Lake Forest)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$103
BestWestern.com
Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum(Lake Forest)(Great Value!)
US$130
  • Pool
US$167
US$153
Homewood
All reviewsfire stationel torohard boiled eggsgarden roomcontinental breakfastyogurtacross the streetfree wifimariposa roompageant of the masterslaundry facilitiesbusiness centerpool areabuilding cexercise roomshort driveorange county
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Now, when I travel for business I typically go to a property where I get award points. Well, this one may just change my mind. It's not a chain property, I'll tell you that straight up. What it is is clean, well-maintained, and, at least in my room, supplied with a really good bed. All the drains worked right, the shower worked, and it was a great value for the price.

You can get a feel for the way things are to be by the greeting at the desk. This gentlemen was great. Interested in my travels, concerned that I get settled in as it had been a long, long day. He was welcoming right from the get-go. Nice change from some of the come-see-come-saw of others I've lodged at.

They have also arranged with several restaurants nearby for user discounts, a nice touch. They have a very fine continental breakfast which was kept very well stocked. Now, I digress. There was a large convention group staying at this facility, and the rush on food was huge. It's quite the challenge to keep a breakfast offering well stocked with hordes of people coming in, but they pulled it off. Not fancy stuff, or hot stuff, but very nice nevertheless.

It is also a measure of the pride the owners take in their property when you see the grounds meticulously groomed, and these were. Right down to the parking lot. Clean, no cigarette butts, freshly sealed and painted. Just a measure of pride that is lacking in many facilities.

So, I'll sacrifice the points to stay there again. It's a nice value and I'm glad I found it.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, REAL quiet, stay on the west side. My room was noisy due to the conventioners, but its proximity to I-5 can produce some road noise you may not care for.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank StephenFFowler
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is an older hotel but it's friendly staff, clean rooms & beautiful grounds make it a perfect stop. It's easy to get to & although it's not a "beach hotel" it's an easy drive to Laguna Beach. The continental breakfast is wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrice55
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I book this hotel every year for a conference at SaddleBack Church for some of our ministry leaders and they do a great job! Roland and His team are committed to providing excellent service. We will continue to book there!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent one weekend night and loved it. Good price, location close to Laguna beach (15 minute drive), quiet room, comfortable bed, awesome and courteous service, and good continental breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel if on business or pleasure.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Celaya97
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed at the Laguna Hills lodge for one night. The amenities are great: pool, sauna, gym, laundry, continental breakfast and more. The room I had was on the second floor. I was actually surprised at how quiet it was even though the hotel was completely booked. The breakfast had a variety of cereals and breads. There were hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit etc. The rooms were very clean and offered showtime along with other regular channels. My room had 2 sitting chairs, and an ottoman which was nice. It had a mirrored closet as well. No elevators though. The staff I interacted with were accommodating. Overall, it was a nice place to stay for the price.

Room Tip: outside rooms have street views, inside rooms have garden views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo