“LAGUNA HILLS LODGE IS LIKE A MOTEL”
Review of Laguna Hills Lodge

Laguna Hills Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
United States
“LAGUNA HILLS LODGE IS LIKE A MOTEL”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Laguna Hills Lodge is located in a area near a mall and a shopping center in Laguna Hills, CA. The lodge looks much better in the pictures and to us, it looks more like a motel than a hotel. Even though the lodge was remodeled last year, it still looks very outdated. My family and I spent three nights at Laguna Hills Lodge. The first day, when we got there our room smelled like urine. I was not sure if somebody used the closet as a bathroom and I complained about it. The owners of the property, Japanese or Korean, were nice and one of them came into our room to spray some chemical where the smell was. The breakfast was good but it wasn't hot. We received only two vouchers for daily breakfast even though we paid the room for three persons. So if you are 4 persons per room, you only get free breakfast for two unless you poy an extra $ 5.00 per person for breakfast.The pool looks bigger in the pictures and so it is the SPA . For what we paid, we think that the room was a bit expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Venere0306
Laguna_Hills_Lodge, General Manager at Laguna Hills Lodge, responded to this review, 24 October 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your input and apologize that there was a smell in your room. Our rooms go through two inspections before guests are checked-in so I ask that you write us as to the date of your stay and room number. I will be happy to follow-up with my team to ensure this problem does not happen again. Thank you for letting us know that our staff went to your room to address the problem.

Regarding breakfast, our rooms include a free continental breakfast for two plus children under ten years of age are free. The breakfast is detailed on our website, including the $5 charge for additional breakfast vouchers.

Again, we appreciate your letting us know that you had a problem with your room. We apologize for the problem.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were pleased by the spacious, clean room as well as the lovely grounds. The staff was exceptionally friendly. It was a nice surprise to discover a (slightly) heated salt water poor and a hot tub on the grounds. We had come to spend time at Laguna Beach and the hotel is about a 15 min. drive from there. No need to pay high costs for the beach when this place is so close. There were many dining places in and around Laguna Hills as well. If you stay, request the rooms facing the very pretty inner courtyard.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The service was friendly, and this property is centrally located close to many Orange County points of interests for an inland hotel. The room is spacious and comfortable. The free daily breakfast was ok, but this hotel has discount agreements with several nearby restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ieTravelGuy
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Now, when I travel for business I typically go to a property where I get award points. Well, this one may just change my mind. It's not a chain property, I'll tell you that straight up. What it is is clean, well-maintained, and, at least in my room, supplied with a really good bed. All the drains worked right, the shower worked, and it was a great value for the price.

You can get a feel for the way things are to be by the greeting at the desk. This gentlemen was great. Interested in my travels, concerned that I get settled in as it had been a long, long day. He was welcoming right from the get-go. Nice change from some of the come-see-come-saw of others I've lodged at.

They have also arranged with several restaurants nearby for user discounts, a nice touch. They have a very fine continental breakfast which was kept very well stocked. Now, I digress. There was a large convention group staying at this facility, and the rush on food was huge. It's quite the challenge to keep a breakfast offering well stocked with hordes of people coming in, but they pulled it off. Not fancy stuff, or hot stuff, but very nice nevertheless.

It is also a measure of the pride the owners take in their property when you see the grounds meticulously groomed, and these were. Right down to the parking lot. Clean, no cigarette butts, freshly sealed and painted. Just a measure of pride that is lacking in many facilities.

So, I'll sacrifice the points to stay there again. It's a nice value and I'm glad I found it.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, REAL quiet, stay on the west side. My room was noisy due to the conventioners, b...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank StephenFFowler
El Monte, California
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is an older hotel but it's friendly staff, clean rooms & beautiful grounds make it a perfect stop. It's easy to get to & although it's not a "beach hotel" it's an easy drive to Laguna Beach. The continental breakfast is wonderful!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Patrice55
Sanger
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I book this hotel every year for a conference at SaddleBack Church for some of our ministry leaders and they do a great job! Roland and His team are committed to providing excellent service. We will continue to book there!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent one weekend night and loved it. Good price, location close to Laguna beach (15 minute drive), quiet room, comfortable bed, awesome and courteous service, and good continental breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel if on business or pleasure.

Stayed August 2014
#4 of 4 in Laguna Hills
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#3 of 22 in Laguna Beach

Been to Laguna Hills Lodge? Share your experiences!