“Always a good place to stay”
Review of Laguna Hills Lodge

Laguna Hills Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Reviewed 21 January 2010

I have been staying at Laguna Hills Lodge on & off for 15 years. They have recently redone the rooms & they are very nice. The garden areas are well kept & flowers lovely. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have a good breakfast available.

Two years ago I was there for my mother's 100 birthday & they gave me lovely bouquet of roses to take to her.

f

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 November 2009

I thought this place was great. It was my second time staying here while visiting relatives in Lake Forest. It is close to shopping and the highway. It had nice rooms that were surprisingly quiet. The really great thing about this place is the lovely landscaping that puts it way ahead of similar facilities and amenities. The flowers are lovely and one feels like you are staying in a park. The breakfast was nice and got you going in a positive way.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2009

The rooms were very nice and suited my needs perfectly, and the staff was very friendly and made me feel at home.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2009

We stayed 2 nights here prior to going to San Diego. We chose this hotel based soley on a central location to see the beach area around Laguna and Newport without spending a small fortune to be in on the beach. This place is a little on the old side and could use some updating however, for the money spent compared to the other hotels in the area, it is a very good value. The rooms were all you needed for coming back after a full day of sight seeing. I would not plan a long term stay here but for a couple days I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Clean, convenient and quiet. Attractive property. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Totally remodeled and very reasonable. Quiet, close to I-5 and I-405. What a bargain!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Stayed here for a few nights in August. Because I had no idea how long my business would keep me in California, I was looking for a place willing to negotiate a rate. Spoke with the manager, Martin, who agreed to take ten dollars off the room per night and put me in a room where I could stay "up to a week" if need be--at the same rate. So far, so good. On my second day there, Martin asked me to move to a different room. When I reminded him of what he promised me, he claimed he had never spoken to me before and that I was confusing him with someone else who worked there. Unbelievable.

I was forced to leave my business meeting, drive twenty miles back to the motel and move my belongings to another room. (Had I had the time, I would have left in search of more hospitable accommodations). On my third day there I was told by Martin that my rate was going to increase. Again, I reminded him of what he had promised me the first day and his response was (are you ready for this?), "Since I know you wanted a cheaper rate, I think you should just go and find another hotel." I literally couldn't believe my ears.

I have never been treated so rudely by any hotel or motel manger in all my life. He made a deal the first night and then broke it every day I was there. Obviously I did not stay there a fourth day.

BTW, they make a big deal of mentioning a "twenty-three item breakfast buffet". The buffet consists of toast, pastries, juice, fruit and cereal. Not that there's anything wrong with that--it's a perfectly serviceable continental-style breakfast. It's just that they "sell it" as if it's something exceptional.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank cobblestonerider
Laguna_Hills_Lodge, Owner/manager at Laguna Hills Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2009

We are, of course, very sorry that one of our guests has felt that he had a bad experience at the Lodge. Our family has owned and operated the Laguna Hills Lodge for 40 years and the average length of employment of our dedicated staff is 14 years.
We would like to clarify a few issues for our guest and anyone who reads this. Unfortunately, when this guest booked his room for one night with the request to stay an additional day or two as needed, our hotel was at nearly full occupancy. Because of that, we were able to accommodate him but could not guarantee a 3-night stay in the same room. As far as the price we quoted this guest, he was offered our lowest available rate. We invite this guest to contact us directly if he needs to discuss this further.
Lastly, this guest made an unpleasant comment about our “overstated” breakfast. We call our meal service an “extended continental breakfast” because besides the usual offerings we add hard-boiled eggs, a large variety of yogurts and fresh seasonal fruits, bakery items toasted to order, etc. We have never before received any complaints about our breakfast. Indeed, guests compliment us on this meal served in our very attractive Mariposa Room.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laguna Hills
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods
Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach
Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach

Been to Laguna Hills Lodge? Share your experiences!