“Good value hotel”

Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Reviewed 27 February 2014

$75; very clean and quiet. A good night's sleep; free breakfast and wifi. I'll stay there again. About 15 minutes from John Wayne Airport down the 405. Free parking too. And a few more characters to get to 200 minimum......... Thybuioknbfresxc vuiol,nbvrescvhuikmiiijjjjjnnbgftyuiooo Holt bleep how many characters does it take to get to 200!!!!!!nbvfewxcvhnkool,mbbgyuiol,mbvrescv

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CA448, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Quiet location, nice Jacuzzi, above average breakfast, professional staff. Edwin on the night shift was especially friendly and helpful. My companion is sensitive to noise and various odors, and this hotel passed her exam.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
CA448, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

We thank you for the kind words. I will pass the Kudos on to Edwin of the great service he provided you. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

This first review I made right after the stay...a review is a long time coming here...long overdue. Review of APRIL 2013 stay.....I have now written 4 emails in the last month to Choice hotels with no response at all. And I'm a platinum member. I regret that other brands will now get my travel dollar. So...here we go ...Worst hotel ever, do yourself a favor and stay at the Quality Inn across the highway if you need to go through Choice hotels in Lake Forest/Laguna Woods.
Okay rooms if you like bedbugs, yes, I have photos of my bites to back it up, AND an independent witness who has been in the hotel business close to 30 years.
And WORSE, they charged me for smoking in the room when I didn't. I can open my door and 20 feet down is an ashtray, why on earth would I smoke in my room?? I have never smoked in any room I have stayed in. I stay in hotels 3 weeks out of the month and this stay was a nightmare. They charged my card two separate authorization charges, then the final bill was $355 on my debit card. I have called the hotel twice, left two separate voicemails to the manager. I have filed a complaint with Choice hotels, they assured me the manager would get back to me within 72 hours. It's 6 days after my stay and I am still waiting for a call or email. And I am a Choice hotels GOLD member. I really wonder what they would have done worse if I held NO standing. I have NEVER had a problem at the QI across the highway and have stayed there for 9 months on and off more than 20 + times. I figured I would try something different. MY Mistake!!!!!

I have had to file a report at my bank and will need to contact the better business bureau. Absolutely ridiculous. The ONLY good thing I have to say is the front desk clerk when I checked in was pleasant..
I thought bedbugs couldn't be much worse but wow, it got worse!!

***UPDATE***** Dec. 2013
Terrible corporate support, terrible management and accountability..., .Choice hotels... after phone calls and the latest round of emails to Choice hotels corporate not being answered, I am afraid I must take my hotel business elsewhere...no more Choice hotels.

I was charged $250 for smoking in the room, which I didn't do..I'm not quite sure how I prove I DIDN"T smoke in the room but I did suggest to the person who took my message at the hotel when I first made the call about the charge to my card to view the outside camera footage, they will see me going out every hour or two and smoking outside on the breezeway that has an ASHTRAY there..... see my previous review) and given NO response by them explaining any further or presenting evidence. . Nothing but a lame form letter from their Choice corporate office saying "they apologized I didn't enjoy my stay". The manager of the property never returned my call. And let's not forget the little bedbug critters.... what a nightmare...

4 emails I wrote to corporate in the last month, ....0 ANSWERED .....YES ..0 and I'm a Choice platinum member since 2006... amazes me..being that I was in customer service for many years I tend to be understanding when a ball is dropped from time to time... but NO excuse for this. A very poor way to conduct business. I am disappointed and still annoyed with the complete disregard for a guest by not even having the courtesy to answer emails.

Room Tip: My room had pets that I didn't bring along...bedbugs...not sure if they were optional or a stand...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Tracy Z
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night for a friend's wedding. I had read some of the reviews and felt confident we would be staying in a decent hotel for the price. When we checked in, the front desk was very polite. When we got to the room, I was very surprised how clean the room was. It was a very comfortable room. There was not much noise at all, which was very nice. The breakfast in the morning was simple, but filling. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RebeccaMH

We thank you for staying with us and the kind words of how you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I took my two boy's here for two nights while visiting friends and it was clean and the staff was courteous but after going to amusement parks all day I wanted to sit in the hot tub and use the pool ~ it closed at 9:00 and they put a pad lock on it. It seemed a little early for me. There was no coffee makers in the room which would have been nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank steinbn

We are glad that you enjoyed your visit. Our Laguna Hills Hotel have extended the pool hours now until 10P and have coffee and tea makers in all our rooms. We are in hopes that you will visit us in Laguna Hills again in the upcoming year with your boys!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. the staff is really nice but not the best hotel. it was dirty and did not feel safe and very noisy. Internet and parking is free. will not be back. rather stay at another hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank t0309999

I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations during your last visit. We are in hopes you will try us again. We have recently upgraded our internet and the connectivity issues are much better along with sparkling looking rooms. Do let us know if we can personally book your next reservation.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Brandon E

Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum
Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum
#1 of 10 in Lake Forest
Staybridge Suites Irvine Spectrum/Lake Forest

Been to Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!