“Good nights sleep but had one issue” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County

Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
San Diego, California
“Good nights sleep but had one issue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

This hotel is your standard Courtyard. However, since I am an elite member, I was upgraded to their corner room that is a one bedroom suite. The lobby area has been renovated to meet the new Courtyard standards.

The issue I had was I left my Bluetooth headset in the room when I checked out. I called the next evening when I realized I left my headset to see if it was found. I called back on Monday and was told my headset was not found. I know for a fact, I left it on the lamp stand next to the couch, but somehow it was not found.

I guess it is partly my fault, but this is not the first time I have stayed at a Marriott and left a Bluetooth headset behind that was not found.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank RSquar3d
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. Please know that I have passed along your comments about your bluetooth to our lost and found. They are looking again through their items and we will contact you back if the until is found.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Norfolk, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel was a bad experience before I could even check in. I booked it on line and made my reservation under the Federal Government rate which according to Marriott policy, covers active duty military and their dependents on leisure travel. Upon check in the manager was looking over the clerks shoulder as we checked in and proceeded to take my military dependent ID, look it over, then tell me I did not qualify for the rate. She sat there at 9pm arguing with me while my children stood and watched and waited to get in the room after a long day of cross country travel. The manager continued to argue with me and was downright rude before finally letting me have the rate. I would have left if not for my tired children. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again and will warn others away from it. There is no reason a manager should ever argue with a guest, especially when we got to our room and it smelled bad and was dingy. The hotel did not have Disney channel like every other Marriott property I have stayed at and like since I know what I am going to get when traveling with my children. It is hard enough being a military family, but when I travel with my children when my husband in deployed and serving this country, I don't expect to be so disrespected by a hotel manager.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Wendy J
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Wendy,

I am so sorry for the experience that you had while at our hotel. Please know that we have both active and retired military associates on our staff and we are very proud of that. I would very much appreciate it if you could call me directly so that we can discuss this personally and to also go over Marriott's policy regarding the eligability for use of the government rate. I look forward to speaking with you and to getting this issue corrected to your satisfaction.

Travellers are raving about these Laguna Hills hotels

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

A nice stay considering the cost of the room in the area you are in. If you have a car, and are ok with driving 10-15 mins to get to where ever you need to get to, it is perfect. It's not a hotel that you would have a romantic stay at, but I assume that's obvious if you are at a Courtyard Marriott. Price is the key factor for satisfaction here.

Smaller room but recently updated in that Courtyard Marriott fashion. Can't complain, when the parking and internet is free this close to Irvine, Costa Mesa, and Laguna Hills.

One downside is location right off of the freeway. Ask for a room facing away from the freeway. The 5 freeway can get noisy at times. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the 5 freeway.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank EP348
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for your comments. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Naperville, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I tried to stay at this property. When I checked in, the room wasn't clean. I was offered a second, and then third room. These weren't up to standard either. I was upset with the poor housekeeping. I then requested to checkout, and cancel my stay. The hotel refused to refund me for the night, even though I didn't spend the night!
There are no managers on the property on the weekends or during the evening hours. If a problem occurs, you are left to deal with a front desk employee.
I spoke to the General Manager on the next available business day. He mentioned that he went to check the rooms (two days later after it was obviously cleaned!) and didn't find anything. Apparently that means that I was wrong.
I'm a platinum member with Marriott and this was an upsetting experience. The staff at this property are rude. They have no problem ripping off customers or Marriott platinum members.

• Stayed December 2013
6 Thank Frquentravlr
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

We spent two nights at the Courtyard over the Thanksgiving weekend. The last time we were at this hotel, the first floor was undergoing a complete renovation and it was a real mess. The lobby area is now complete and very nice!! There are computers for guest use and a café, with lots of seating if you just want to hang out.

Our room was very nice and extremely clean. We had a two room suite that was very comfortable with a tv in each room. The internet worked great. Unfortunately there are no restaurants close enough to walk to, but the hotel is just down the street from the Laguna Hills Mall which has many restaurants nearby.

Next time in the area we would definitely stay at the Courtyard again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Heather M
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
We hope you had a great Thanksgiving and we thank you for staying with us.
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed there overnight while attending the Laguna Beach Festival of the Arts, which is about a 15 minute ride down the road. We liked it because it's out of the summer crowds in Laguna Beach. Nice accommodations; the beds were comfortable, rooms clean and quiet. Friendly staff. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nmp66
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope you had a great time at the Festival.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 days for work. Room was clean, bed was comfortable had 4 pillows and wifi worked great. Lobby has a small Bristo to get coffee and an egg sandwich which is all I need.

Service was good, just enough so I would stay here again for work.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Eddie S
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
I am happy to hear we were able to meet your needs. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laguna Hills
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods
Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum
Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum
#4 of 4 in Laguna Hills

Been to Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County? Share your experiences!