Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I am a "Marriott Girl" I always stay at Marriott properties. This was so disappointing. The property in General was dirty, the elevator and hallways and in my room there was a huge stain on the carpet and behind the head of my mattress it looked like someone had spilled coffee or "something" and no one cleaned it. My ceiling was sagging and the drywall seam looked like it was going to split any time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank carmamarie
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I am so sorry for the experience you had while at our hotel. Please know that we are reviewing your comments to ensure that this does not happen again. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and we would very much like the opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel was, in general, clean and in decent condition. The lobby must have recently had a makeover because it had a more modern feel than the rest of the hotel. The room, on the other hand, showed its age. It had a popcorn ceiling and the A/C was a wall mounted kind that had to be on all the time to keep the room cool. It was very loud and I had to use earplugs to sleep.

The lobby has a mini restaurant that served small meals and coffee, but there was no free breakfast.

Our room basically overlooked I-5, so the noise from the freeway could be heard. On the bright side, I could tell how busy the 5 was just by looking out my window.

The rate was low, so I guess I'd recommend it based on the price, but just realize it's an OK hotel that probably could use a makeover of the rooms.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your comments. You will be happy to know that we are currently in the process of replacing all of our AC units with new, quieter, more efficient units. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stay at this hotel more night than at home. I really enjoy staying there, they are the best in the area. The front desk staff is awesome particularly Caroline who always makes me feel at home! Located close to good restaurants. and is very convenient to where I am working.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is best. Otherwise you are on the freeway, however the rooms HVAC will co...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Barb457
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

After flying all day from New York I was greeted by Denise at the front desk who could not do enough for me. She recommended several restaurants and gave me step by step instructions to walk to a local restaurant Since Denise was running the front desk, Caroline offered to drive me to the restaurant. I refused at first, but she would not have it. She called the restaurant and discovered they were closed for renovations, but found another place and drove me the restaurant and offered to come back and pick me up. Their commitment to the customer was truly outstanding. I highly recommend the Marriott a Laguna Hills!!! Denise and Caroline, I appreciate your help, appreciate your charming smiles and willingness to serve the customer!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Jim K
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2014

Than you for your comments regarding Denisse and Caroline. They are both great associates and I am glad they were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Please come back and see us the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 5 nights while visiting nearby family. I had the impression that the hotel was nowhere near full while I was there. The attractive restaurant area and lobby were generally empty. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I was happy with the room and enjoyed the pool. The main drawbacks were the extremely limited menu at the restaurant and rather isolated location with no restaurants or shops within walking distance. The rate I paid was reasonable except for the last night (a monday night), for which I somehow had to pay a rather exorbitant sum considering the location and amenities.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for your kind words about our staff. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Had a great experience, very clean, nice decor, great breakfast but most of all excellent staff! The general manager was kind enough to even book my next stay for next month. Offered nice perks and was very responsive. Thanks Marc!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

It's my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here last week on business for three nights. Since I am Lifetime Platinum Elite, upon check in I politely inquired if a continental breakfast was included, which some Courtyards offer as a perk. Well!! The young female manager proceeded to lecture me including quoting Bill Marriott himself, about never giving out breakfasts as "the more you give them, the more they want. They have a choice of other hotels to stay at if they so chose." We certainly do have a choice but were too exhausted from traveling to leave. Her rant and seminar left me physically shaken and it did no good for my disabled husband. The upside was a front desk clerk named Gary,who was a sweetheart the entire stay and really should be hired to replace her.

The first room was right on the 5 and was very noisy with cars whizzing by. I went downstairs and again politely asked if there was something more quiet to move to as it was going to be three nights. Once again, this female manager argued with me that unless I craned my head (complete with a physical demonstration) out the window, it was impossible. By then, I felt like crying and were given a room toward the rear of the property which was fine. I will most likely never stay there again, just because of her very nasty demeanor. This is after all, primarily a business hotel and Marriott is doing a disservice to their customers.

PS After just reading the Military review, I believe what happened 100% and bet it was the same nasty female manager. Shame on you.

Room Tip: Unless they retrain the manager, do not stay here. Highly unprofessional.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank luxchicago2016
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking time to speak with me today regarding your experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laguna Hills
Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum
Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum
#1 of 10 in Lake Forest
Staybridge Suites Irvine Spectrum/Lake Forest

Been to Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County? Share your experiences!