“Very good overall”

Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed two separate nights in two different rooms, as I was traveling through So Cal and Mexico. Both rooms appeared to be newly renovated, very nice, clean and comfortable. The lobby also appeared to be new and modern as another reviewer mentioned. I like the location of this property as well, close to freeways, shopping, restaurants, etc. The nightly rate may not be as cheap as some other nearby stays like the Laguna Hills Lodge, but it's a nicer hotel and I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2014

Thank you so much for your business and for your review of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We just spent 2 nights here last weekend and were pleased we had not taken the advice to stay in Costa Mesa. The location of this hotel was perfect for heading down Hwy 133 to Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, and Balboa Island, as well as for access to shopping, movies, and places to dine right there in Irvine. The rooms were nicely furnished, updated, and spacious. Our room faced the back parking lot so there was no freeway noise. With no parking fee and free WiFi, it was great for the value as compared to other hotels close by.

Room Tip: Facing back parking lot
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about out hotel. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Settled in a nice area, with good quick food choices near, we found this to be a really good stay. The rooms were clean and new with everything stocked and working. The family enjoyed the pool and it was nice to be in a place where most of the guests are there for business (it was quiet). Quick access to freeways was a bonus, but overall it's a really good place to rest as you go out/on to other fun things in California.

Room Tip: The room overlooking the pool was nice and not noisy at all.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I am a "Marriott Girl" I always stay at Marriott properties. This was so disappointing. The property in General was dirty, the elevator and hallways and in my room there was a huge stain on the carpet and behind the head of my mattress it looked like someone had spilled coffee or "something" and no one cleaned it. My ceiling was sagging and the drywall seam looked like it was going to split any time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank carmamarie
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I am so sorry for the experience you had while at our hotel. Please know that we are reviewing your comments to ensure that this does not happen again. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and we would very much like the opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel was, in general, clean and in decent condition. The lobby must have recently had a makeover because it had a more modern feel than the rest of the hotel. The room, on the other hand, showed its age. It had a popcorn ceiling and the A/C was a wall mounted kind that had to be on all the time to keep the room cool. It was very loud and I had to use earplugs to sleep.

The lobby has a mini restaurant that served small meals and coffee, but there was no free breakfast.

Our room basically overlooked I-5, so the noise from the freeway could be heard. On the bright side, I could tell how busy the 5 was just by looking out my window.

The rate was low, so I guess I'd recommend it based on the price, but just realize it's an OK hotel that probably could use a makeover of the rooms.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your comments. You will be happy to know that we are currently in the process of replacing all of our AC units with new, quieter, more efficient units. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stay at this hotel more night than at home. I really enjoy staying there, they are the best in the area. The front desk staff is awesome particularly Caroline who always makes me feel at home! Located close to good restaurants. and is very convenient to where I am working.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is best. Otherwise you are on the freeway, however the rooms HVAC will co...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Barb457
MarcSchlesinger, General Manager at Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

After flying all day from New York I was greeted by Denise at the front desk who could not do enough for me. She recommended several restaurants and gave me step by step instructions to walk to a local restaurant Since Denise was running the front desk, Caroline offered to drive me to the restaurant. I refused at first, but she would not have it. She called the restaurant and discovered they were closed for renovations, but found another place and drove me the restaurant and offered to come back and pick me up. Their commitment to the customer was truly outstanding. I highly recommend the Marriott a Laguna Hills!!! Denise and Caroline, I appreciate your help, appreciate your charming smiles and willingness to serve the customer!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Jim K

Than you for your comments regarding Denisse and Caroline. They are both great associates and I am glad they were able to meet and exceed your expectations. Please come back and see us the next time you are in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laguna Hills
#1 of 4 in Laguna Hills
Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum
Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel

Been to Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County? Share your experiences!