The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Oxnard, California
“Not our Favorite”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I have family in Laguna Beach and have stayed here twice. Unfortunately they have not been our best stays. The Hotel needs updating but that is no problem because it was clean. However, the staff was unfriendly to the point I avoided them. The food service was good, especially room service and restaurant. I loved our servers. Very good service and smiles. Wish I could rememember their names as they really saved the day as to our opinion on the service at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank c p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Mission Viejo, California, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Me and my fiance got engaged in March of 2011. We had not planned on having a big party but suddenly our friends and family wanted a gathering so I contacted The Hills Hotel to have our event held there. The GM Michael was a life saver and helped us plan the whole event in less then 3 weeks. The staff was amazing and super helpful. :) Since then we have had all our out of town guests stay at this hotel. Its remodled and very modern. Everyone is very friendly and make you feel like home. We had a great experiance and would recommend this hotel to everyone. :) Thank You HILLS HOTEL :)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Ronnie_Torres, Front Office Manager at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Thank you sharing your great experience with us especially, for letting us be a part of your great family. Please, let me know the next time you'll be in our Emerald Lounge so, I can buy you your favorite drink. Again, THANK YOU for the great time and friendship!
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 23 October 2011

The Hills Hotel was a surprise and excellent value. We found it easy to park with the abundant parking and easy to find just off of the Interstate 5 freeway. As you enter through the front doors you notice a restaurant on one side and in front of you a newly remodeled lounge and entertainment on the weekends. The front desk on the left was better than I expected. The manager introduced himself and all of the Hotel personnel were dressed professionally. I was surprised to find a sincere concern on my comfort and a sincere willingness to help. We needed a refrigerator for medicine and a refrigerator was delivered and working in 5 minutes. Room service was wonderful, timely, and the food quality was excellent. My stay was in one word~ enjoyable. The room was clean and quite large. The three night stay was the best since I heard no other visitor even though I was located amid floors. The Hills joins Choice Hotels in November 2011 and I will return soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wavemasher
Ronnie_Torres, Front Office Manager at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
We appreciate your time and effort in finding a time to inform us how great your stay was and how great our service is. We always go above and beyond just to make sure we exceed your expectations.

Yes, we are excited and thrilled to be part of Choice Hotels as one of their Ascend Collection.

Again, Thank you so much for the great feedback and we are looking forward to your next visit!!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 11 March 2010

I stayed at this hotel in July of 2009 as part of a convention that was taking place. The rooms were not clean and were in desperate need of repairs. The air-conditioning unit was loud and stayed on constantly. The bathroom had leaky faucets and very little water pressure.

The function space was ok, but as an event planner (who did NOT select this hotel) I was shocked that the facility failed to make sure that rooms were set up properly and on time. In fact, for a couple of functions, I literally had to assist the event coordinator with room set-up. There was also no in-house AV specialist to help with audio-visual equipment.

Once major pro does come to mind- There is an 8ft deep salt water pool. I spent quite a bit of my time there since I couldn't bear being in my room. Also, the hotel offers a very affordable on-site restaurant.

As far as I am concerned, this hotel will not receive business from me or any of the clients I represent.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach
Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel
Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County

Been to The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels? Share your experiences!