The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I didn't know what to expect as I don't really know the area well. I got a discounted corporate rate, so I was not certain that the quality would be there. I was happy to find the room in very nice condition, possibly fairly newly redone. The staff was VERY accommodating which I appreciate. I only ate once at the cafe, and I found it good. Parking was great and the area pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KathyL1956
Ronnie_Torres, Owner at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you Kathy! It's nice to know you were pleasantly surprised by us. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you visit Laguna Hills!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 13 September 2013

The Hills Hotel looks great online, but is not the same in person.
I guess for the rate I should have known, but the rooms are dated, I had no hot water in the sink, and the AC is musty. I ended up sleeping with the window cracked open as far as I could push it. The rooms are spacious, but the fairfield inn nearby is more modern with free breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2013

we spent about twenty days recently. our stay met and surpassed all our expects.clean and modern rooms with fast service. special thanks from mr khadivi and the other stuffs we really spent a good time .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Ronnie_Torres, Owner at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I'm delighted to hear we surpassed all your expectations. Looking forward to your next trip to Laguna Hills!

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

I was in the area for business, an stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. It was clean, comfortable bed, large updated bathrooms. It was a tad run down, but nothing that was the end of the world. It was quiet and met my needs as a business traveler nicely.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi Melinda,

Thanks for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to know you found your room clean and comfortable. We're in the process of renovating our entire interior, so we hope you have an even more pleasant experience the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've stayed here several times with large groups who buy blocks of rooms. The rooms are marginal at best. A/C units are noisy and cycle on and off every 5 minutes all night. Bathrooms were dirty. Toilets would not flush unless you held the handle. Plus, every time you asked the staff for a favor, the first answer was no. We had a group of girls who were playing in a sports tournamanent. They had a break at 10 in the morning and wanted to get homework done. We asked if we could use a table in the bar that was empty. First Answer: no. The manager finally allowed it but there was no attempt to find an alternative. Just no. A friend got very ill and was staying in the room. When asked for a late check out, they offer 30 minutes. When they went to book for an extra night because the ill person could not travel, they wanted to charge and extra $50. The hotel was empty but there was no desire to accomodate the guest. Thne location is decent near the freeway and Starbucks, but I'll find somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Ronnie_Torres, Owner at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear tfpucknut,

I am terribly sorry to learn that we failed to exceed your expectations. I would like to make this right, please contact me at rtorres@thelagunahillshotel.com to discuss your concerns further.

Best,

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I recently had a one night stay at the Hills Hotel with my 4 children. From the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out I only encountered friendly and accommodating staff. Room service was fast and when our toilet got stopped up (remember 4 kids in the room) they came immediately and took care of it. Room was very nice (we stayed in the upgraded area) but for me service is always the most important thing. Nice rooms are everywhere....but across the board friendly and accommodating staff is much harder to find.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mlomuscio

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you experienced friendly and accommodating service from the moment you checked in. Hope you and your family get a chance to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Nice rooms although you could tell that the room was old and they tried to make it look more modern. Rooms roomy and clean. Beds a little too soft. They didn't clean the room and didn't replenish the toiletries during our stay. The trash wasn't taken out despite the bin being overflowing. Otherwise decent room although a little overpriced for the service received.

• Stayed: August 2013
Ronnie_Torres, Owner at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear you found your room spacious and clean. I'm sorry, though, that we didn't freshen up your room during your stay. I'll be sure to discuss this with the housekeeping staff so that we can better serve our guests going forward.

Best,

Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum
#1 of 10 in Lake Forest
Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach

Been to The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels? Share your experiences!