The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Laguna Hills
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel is a nicely maintained and well run place to lodge. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The location is convenient to the freeway without being disturbed by it. The price is very fair for the amenities it provides. I cab recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Banteuse

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My Husband, my son , sister and I spend 3 nights at the Hills hotel, the staff was wonderful, helpful, they really made us feel welcome and safe, the room was clean and when i needed extra towels they were sent to my room, i also did laundry and the machines were ready and available. We enjoy the reception it was perfect and the buffet breakfast was great. I will come back to California and will use The hills Hotel again or any of their affiliates.

Room Tip: try to book a room on the upper levels less noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Ronnie_Torres, Rooms Division Manager at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hi, Patricia! I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like the whole team took great care of you, which is wonderful. I hope the rest of your trip to Laguna Hills was just as enjoyable! We'll see you next time.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I spent two nights at the Hills Hotel for a wedding. The bride and groom had a block of rooms for guests and held their reception in the ballroom. Check in was fine, front desk staff helpful, nicely appointed lobby, good sized fridge in the room. All the typical nice hotel stuff. Then, an emergency. Minutes before the black tie reception, my husband was zipping up my cocktail dress, when the whole zipper housing popped off in his hand! Disaster! He rushed down to the front desk in search of maybe a needle and thread, and came back with my hero - Eva Kenny - Catering Coordinator by day, emergency seamstress by night. She literally threaded a bunch of needles and sewed me in to my dress! Within ten minutes, I was perfectly dressed, with no one being able to tell Eva had performed magic and saved the night! I would not have expected the hotel staff to go so above and beyond normal hotel duties, but Eva stepped up and saved the day! I cannot thank The Hills Hotel and Eva enough for this great ending!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarahRWilliams
Ronnie_Torres, Owner at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

What a lovely story, Sarah! I can only imagine how stressful that must have been when your zipper broke. There's nothing more important to us than making sure you're taken care of -- I'm thrilled to hear that Eva went above and beyond to make sure you made it the reception! I'll be sure to let her know you left her such an amazing review.

It sounds like you and your husband had a great night! The next time you're around Laguna Hills, we'd be happy to have you in.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were staying only one night to attend a radio station celebration near the hotel. We had to be at the celebration by 3pm, which is hotel check-in time. I had asked if we could check in at 2pm. The employee at the desk went out of his way to find a room that was finished by housekeeping early, even walking to the room to check personally. As we walked past the desk on the way to the event, the young man asked if everything was satisfactory. The room was nicely upgraded and spotless. There is plenty of free parking near the hotel. The hotel was busy but quiet all night. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I am surprised to see negative reviews about this hotel. The lobby and restaurant look very nice an...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ronnie_Torres, Owner at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hi, Michael! What a great review -- thank you for taking the time to share your visit with us! It sounds like you had some fun and exciting plans during your time in Laguna Hills. It was our pleasure to get you checked in sooner so you could get to your celebration! We hope to see you the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was a little hesitant about booking this hotel, but I am so happy that I did. The staff is extremely helpful and kind. They pay attention to detail and the service is great. My husband and I stayed here while attending a concert. The beds although small were extremely comfortable and the room was clean and quiet. It was a little chilly so we did not get a chance to test pool, but area looked really nice. The breakfast buffet was good and the price was reasonable. I will definitely stay at this hotel if I am ever in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, Rochelle. It sounds like our team took great care of you, which is wonderful. I hope you and your husband had a blast visiting Laguna Hills and seeing the concert.

Until next time,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is a short drive from the Santa Ana airport (and I think they have a shuttle as well but I didn't use it as I needed a rental car). It doesn't look like much when you drive in -- looks quite dated from the outside but had ample parking and upon check-in, I was pleasantly surprised with the room. I got a room on the first floor (facing the parking lot, which I'm OK with as I was not here for the views). The room appeared to have been recently remodeled - modern bathroom with all the amenities you'd need, spacious and clean bed and linens, closet with robes and slippers, a refrigerator and safe, iron and ironing board. I used the hotel as my base for events across Orange County that I was attending. Tried the breakfast at the hotel cafe which was just average -- I'd skip unless you're getting a voucher / coupon. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ronnie_Torres, Rooms Division Manager at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear that we're your go-to spot when you're traveling to Orange County from the Bay Area. Next time, don't hesitate to ask for a great view -- it makes your stay that much more homey! We hope to see you back in soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

From the time that I reserved the room over the phone, until my departure, it was a wonderful experience. I evacuated the San Diego fires and decided to go far enough away to escape the smoke. Every employee at the Hills Hotel made me feel very special. I could not have asked for a better experience. I would recommend the Hills a single person or a family. Great place.

Room Tip: Request a recently remodeled room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ronnie_Torres, Owner at The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

It was our pleasure to welcome you in to our hotel, Fran. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The next time you're around Laguna Hills (I hope for much happier circumstances), we'd love to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laguna Hills
Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum
#1 of 10 in Lake Forest
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach
Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach Hotel

Been to The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels? Share your experiences!