The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Laguna Hills Lodge(Laguna Hills)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$153
US$139
US$134
  • Spa
Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County(Mission Viejo)(Great Value!)
US$140
Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel(Lake Forest)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$103
BestWestern.com
Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum(Lake Forest)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$197
  • Pool
US$167
US$153
All reviewsmission viejolaguna beachsouth orange countybeautiful lobbyfreeway sidefront desk stafffirst floorbit datedquiet roomconvenient locationeasy accessmini fridgenice staydana pointsouthern californiafree parkingwedding
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for only one night !!! In fact is very close to the highway .The hotel is good ! Air cond is old but works ! Room is good and clean there is a nice pool area ! They don't have any kind complimentary breakfast but they have restaurant !!! Staff is very friendly !!!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This unique situation as I was staying at this hotel which was 10 miles from the conference center in which I was attending a four day seminar. The room was booked through Priceline so I had no choice of location. I arrived at the hotel at 11 PM exhausted and tired from day of travel.
Front desk was pleasant but uneventful received my key and directions to my room. When I inquired about coming back to park my car I was told that there was a backdoor that was close to the room that I might want to drive there. I did just that, the hotel was full from other activities I did find a parking place an had to carry my luggage to my room. for the next four days I never visited any part of the hotel but the back door and my room.

Room Tip: UNite in the back are easy to get in and out from back door and parking is very close.Best to be on ground floor for this feature . Elevators are in lobby which is a little walk.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you're looking for a place that is convenient from the I-5, then this hotel would be great. It is not next to the beaches, so for those looking to be close to the shore, look elsewhere. Or if you don't mind a 11 mile drive to say Cactus Point, then this hotel would be fine. The hotel used to be a Holiday Inn, so it's not super fancy, but does have a pool, restaurant, fitness center and a business center. The fitness center is very basic. It only has cardio equipment.

The check in and out process was very easy and the front desk was nice.

As for the room, it was larger than one would think. The king bed room I was in had s small sleeper couch and a wet bar area next to the bathroom. The wet bar had a small sink, microwave, coffee maker and an additional refrigerator. There was a refrigerator in the area beneath the tv where there was also a safe. If you're staying there for a wedding or something more long term, all the refrigerator space is great! They provided a robe for your use in the room as well as a pair of disposable slippers. Some other travelers posted room pictures that were nicer than the room I stayed in - perhaps it was an upgraded or updated room. The bathroom in my room needed to be updated though. They did not provide a towel for the floor when you're done with your shower and no bar soap for the shower, just for the sink. Ladies, if you want good toiletries, bring your own. They do have make up mirror and an in-wall hairdryer.

For those who like to be connected, this hotel offers free wifi, which is a nice perk.

Room Tip: Corner room seems to be larger and quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank badmaru
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at this property for one night, and my poor rating is because of one specific event which I'll outline first, then provide details on the rest of our stay. We had a room at the end of a long hallway right next to the emergency exit. At around 2am, we heard an extremely loud, ongoing, banging noise. When I investigated, it was clear that someone was trying very hard to kick in the emergency exit door from the outside of the hotel. We called the front desk and it took three calls before someone answered. When the gentleman finally answered, he said he'd investigate. No idea if the gentleman at the front desk investigated or not, or what action he took. The banging stopped about the same time we hung up the phone and we never heard another word about it. When we checked out the next day, I asked at the front desk for details on the incident and if they'd found whomever was kicking the door. The front desk staff had no idea what I was talking about. So I described the events again in detail. Apparently they don't have a mechanism or daily log for reporting such incidents, so this was the first these staff members had heard of it. Simply put, I have concerns about how they handled this situation, and for that reason we wouldn't stay here again.

As far as the property goes, the room was clean. The bathrooms had been remodelled nicely, although the choice to use a clear glass partition in the shower (half glass, half open to the bathroom) instead of a shower curtain means that a family sharing a room can't easily share the bathroom. They had also used a plastic base for the shower (with tile walls) and the base had a crack in it right where you stand. Seems there was something pushing up on the bottom of the shower base creating a high-spot, and leading to the crack in the base.

We ate at their restaurant and were the only people in there. The food was excellent, and the service provided by Jorge our server, was absolutely top-notch. He was very attentive and friendly. We had planned to find a local restaurant to dine at, but were very glad we choose to eat at the hotel!

The pool area was nice and clean, and we used it very briefly as we were just there for the one night. There were enough towels provided.

In summary, if it wasn't for the one negative late-night experience, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room closer to lobby and away from emergency doors.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for three nights with my fiancee. The Hills Hotel which is located in Laguna Hills is strategically-located [close to the highways, beaches and airport] and has some good view attractions to offer. I find the hotel staff very friendly and always ready to be of service. The room is clean and has good-sized comfy bed. Has fast internet wireless connection. Offers appetizing food.I especially loved the outdoor pool with its tropical setting and enjoyed the other hotel amenities as well. My fiancee has no problem bringing along her pet dog and the hotel is a smoke-free hotel.

All in all, excellent service matched with excellent hotel amenities. I'll definitely check-in in this hotel again when I visit California next month.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple