“Promises more than it delivers”

Lulu's Creperie Cafe
Ranked #8 of 96 Restaurants in Laguna Hills
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hon
Laguna Niguel, CA
“Promises more than it delivers”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We have tried this restaurant 3 times, twice for breakfast, one for dinner using a restaurant.com for 2/3 times. trying different meals. We thought we'd try the dinner and it really doesn't quite add up to what they pretend to be. My husbands coq au vin was average, my peppercorn steak was unexciting, and the wine choices were very mediocre. The best they could offer was Barefoot. Apparently, the glass I was given had come from a bottle of wine that had been sitting out for awhile. I returned it. I have to agree with another reviewer that this restaurant it has little to do with French. I was far from blown away by any of their crepes when we tried them one morning. I guess it's what you are used to, but we are choosy and this did not come close to what a good crepe is.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank DLindsey1

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent coffee and crepe”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Had breakfast here just a couple days ago. Excellent coffee.. rich, bold, not bitter. My friend had a double espresso he seemed to enjoy. I ordered La Galette Crepe with ham and egg. It was very tasty and exactly how I wanted to start my morning. The lady who waited on us was very friendly and I'm guessing she's Lulu. Overall, a very nice experience.

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Has nothing to do with French!”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We had breakfast at this place on Sunday March 24, 2013. They are trying hard to be French, but unfortunately they aren't even close. We have tried a couple of their savory and sweet crepes; they were all mediocre, nothing special. Sorry, no recommendation!

• Visited March 2013
Wantage, New Jersey
“Fantastic crepes....great stop for breakfast”
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Wonderful little french breakfast nook with a wide selection of crepes and other breakfast items located in a strip mall in Laguna Hills. Stopped here on the way from Anaheim to San Diego, great choice. Would definitely recommend to anyone in the area or travelling around S. Cal.

Lake Forest, California
“Un changement rafraîchissant de l'ordinaire”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

There are some places you discover where you want to return, and Lulu's is one of the few, with the bonus of just being around the corner from where we live, so popping in for breakfast is not a problem.

The service is cheerful, helpful and characteristic of the place, Lulu herself bring a smile to any dinner who can appreciate her love of the food she is serving, and her country.

Choosing crepes for breakfast and having watched them being prepared ensures your mouth is watering, they tasted as good as any cooked in France.

We are already planning our next visit their, and this time dining on the terrace when the weather is a little warmer.

Many restaurants may be part of a large chain or perhaps source their food and produce from wholesale which ends up creating food with a bland taste...so if you consider these places as restaurants and like the food in them... don't visit Lulu's, their food has taste authenticity and character

• Visited March 2013