“Lulu's Crepe Garden”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hon
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I love this place. It delivers far more than its modest strip mall location would suggest. Not very big and typically busy, service is nonetheless friendly and courteous.
WHERE TO SIT: Recommend sitting outside if weather and temperature permit (which it usually does).
FOOD: Either sweet or savory crepes are sure wins. The Nutella crepe (with or without bananas) is an all-time favorite of mine along with the Dulce de Leche which is served with a generous scoop of homemade icecream. However, the savory La Cajun, La Mission, La Sicilienne are outstanding. If for some reason crepes - their specialty - are not your preference, the Croissanwich is a worthy alternative. Also, the coffee is excellent. Breakfast is accompanied by a variety basket of mini muffins that are excellent - especially the chocolate chip.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We have tried this restaurant 3 times, twice for breakfast, one for dinner using a restaurant.com for 2/3 times. trying different meals. We thought we'd try the dinner and it really doesn't quite add up to what they pretend to be. My husbands coq au vin was average, my peppercorn steak was unexciting, and the wine choices were very mediocre. The best they could offer was Barefoot. Apparently, the glass I was given had come from a bottle of wine that had been sitting out for awhile. I returned it. I have to agree with another reviewer that this restaurant it has little to do with French. I was far from blown away by any of their crepes when we tried them one morning. I guess it's what you are used to, but we are choosy and this did not come close to what a good crepe is.

1  Thank DLindsey1
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Had breakfast here just a couple days ago. Excellent coffee.. rich, bold, not bitter. My friend had a double espresso he seemed to enjoy. I ordered La Galette Crepe with ham and egg. It was very tasty and exactly how I wanted to start my morning. The lady who waited on us was very friendly and I'm guessing she's Lulu. Overall, a very nice experience.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We had breakfast at this place on Sunday March 24, 2013. They are trying hard to be French, but unfortunately they aren't even close. We have tried a couple of their savory and sweet crepes; they were all mediocre, nothing special. Sorry, no recommendation!

Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Wonderful little french breakfast nook with a wide selection of crepes and other breakfast items located in a strip mall in Laguna Hills. Stopped here on the way from Anaheim to San Diego, great choice. Would definitely recommend to anyone in the area or travelling around S. Cal.