“Mexican with no surprises”

Flamingos Mexican Grill
Ranked #14 of 97 Restaurants in Laguna Hills
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Very popular place. Food is OK but cleanliness is outstanding. Waiters were also very friendly. Burritos are extra large. Drinks also looked to be super sized.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I have eaten here so many times, I cannot believe that I never left a review for the place. I have lived in or near Laguna Hills for over 40 years, and remember the old "Shakey's Pizza Parlor" that occupied this space. BUT Flamingos has been here for quite some time. It is definitely one of a kind. Restaurant on the right side, bar on the left. Prices are great, and you never go away hungry.
I personally love their quesadillas. Their Mexican Pizza is interesting. If you are really hungry, order the "Big Juan" burrito.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Nearby used to be a Shakeys Pizza many moons ago and now it is a very good Mexican Restaurant with great happy hour deals and the best Taco Tuesday around. A family atmosphere not a pickup joint.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

We had a great experience at the Flamingos Mexican Grill. The staff is very cheerful, prompt and efficient. The restaurant itself is spotless and well appointed. Immediately upon being seated we were greeted with warm chips and salsa. Drink orders were taken quickly and drinks arrived very shortly thereafter - margaritas are very good. The menu is huge with nearly any Mexican food item you can imagine. We had tacos, enchilladas, refried beans, rice, and burritos - all were very good. The staff is exceptionally efficient, the food is great and atmosphere very warm and friendly. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

The enchiladas were excellent. I ordered the green sauce and I could tell it was homemade. Very authentic.
The Margaritas were also good but not to potent. We ordered the top shelf Patron , for the price they could have put in more tequila. I like to taste the tequila in my Margaritas.
Other than that I would love to go back.