“Terrible Service!”

The Original Patsy's Irish Pub
Ranked #15 of 160 Restaurants in Laguna Niguel
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The ambiance is one of an old world neighborhood public house you would find while traveling in Ireland having stone and natural wood walls, low lighting, and candles with soft music playing during the dinner hours. If you want to sit up at the bar you will have a good chance of getting a seat because the bar is over 95 feet long. The Original Patsy’s Irish Pub serves an extensive choice of spirits, wines and beers. Our menu offers a wide choice of American and Irish dishes. We are known for our amazing and reasonably priced food. Come try our food for yourself and discover why so many people keep coming back time and time again.
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have dining at Patsy's Irish Pub in Laguna Niguel for many years. Until recently, I had always had a positive experience. However, in the past year, the quality of service has gone from bad to totally unacceptable. This past Monday night (17 February) was the last straw.

I arrived for a business dinner at 5:10pm, and seated myself. My business associate arrived at about 5:20pm and we ordered dinner and drinks by 5:30pm. Despite repeated assurances that our meals were coming, we still had not been served by 7:10pm. At that point, we informed our server that we were leaving and to cancel our order. We also informed the server that other diners had arrived AFTER we had arrived, and had been served before us.

Patsy's Irish Pub is generally a nice "watering hole'" with a good traditional atmosphere. They also serve good quality pub grub. (The steaks and burgers are excellent as well as the shepherd's pie.) However, service is always slow. The main problem as I see it is management. Almost every time I visit Patsy's, they are woefully understaffed. On my last visit (February 17th), they had ONE waiter, ONE bar tender and TWO cooks. Totally unsatisfactory for a holiday evening!!! The pub staff was overwhelmed and simply unable to provide even basic service to the guests.

As much as I like the atmosphere and food, I'll be hard pressed to go back to Patsy's Irish Pub until management makes the changes (i.e.. proper staffing) needed to provide superior service to its guests.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Great place to stop by for beer and buffalo wings. Breakfast was delicious too. Atmosphere and service are great, and it's open until late.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Patsy's Irish Pub in Laguna Niguel is great. The best pub grub this side of Ireland. Many choices including the traditional corned beef and cabbage and fish and chips. But many other pub choices even including steak. Of course the Guinness is fresh because of the popularity of the Pub. Full bar and wine by the glass available. Crowded and a bit noisy as all pubs can be, but very friendly happy atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

We went for a pint of Guinness, it was delicious!!! we had the hamburguer and the potato wadges OMG delicious!!
The service is very good !!

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Went to Patsys in Laguna Niguel the other night and had a fantastic time. Great food great service and great atmosphere. I recommend this place if you want an irish experience, or just if you want some good food.