“Lovely Oasis in Laguna Woods”

Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Laguna Woods
GreenLeadersGold level
Kapolei, Hawaii
“Lovely Oasis in Laguna Woods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was booted out of my home for twelve days by plumbing issues. The Ayres staff graciously welcomed me to their very well appointed hotel. This hotel is full of very helpful amenities. But the reason I will return (hopefully for a more pleasant reason) is the warm, traditional decor and attention to detail in the hotel. It's not fun being out of your home when it wasn't your idea. The Ayres staff made me forget that I was unhappy with my situation at home. Yes, it's conveniently located, and reasonably priced, but so are many other places. This hotel, however, is worth the money.

Room Tip: I had a view of the courtyard. It was lovely, and only a little noisy early in the evening one day o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear lagunalady27,

Thank you kindly taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. In regards to your recent stay, we’re pleased to hear that we were able to be your home away from home during your unfortunate evacuation. We truly appreciate your kind compliments about our friendly and welcoming staff, European inspired décor, and overall experience you had at our hotel. We pride ourselves in delivering only the best service to our hotel guests and I am delighted to hear that our service exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for your kind words and we would love to invite you to stay with us again!

Vince Neale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Nice hotel, standard but very nice. Big room, strange layout. Fresh cookies on check in always wins me over. Great service, gave us toothpaste at about midnight. FREE FULL BREAKFAST as well, eggs, sausage, French toast, the works. Nice hotel, well managed and just what you'd expect

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Sean B,

Thank for choosing our hotel for your recent stay! We are truly delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our delicious fresh baked cookies as well as our complimentary full American breakfast. We truly appreciate all of your kind remarks about your experience at our hotel. Once again thank you for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is one the nicest hotels I have stayed at while on business. The staff is friendly and helpful. They are there to serve their guests and make that perfectly clear. Vince, the general manager is wonderful! He drove me and other co-workers to our meeting in the smaller hotel shuttle when there was no other larger shuttle available, and he did it willingly-----you could tell the hotel was busy that morning, but he jumped in and solved our transportation issues. My room was always clean as was the rest of the establishment. I would never stay anywhere else while in the Laguna/Irvine area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Ayres Laguna Woods has clean rooms, great breakfasts, really helpful staff. Especially for those with family in the area this is a great home away from home- make sure you ask for the Laguna Woods family rate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Ross F,

Thank you kindly for your generous review. Were delighted to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary full American breakfast and our clean and spacious rooms. We strive to deliver exceptional customer service at all times are glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your review and we would love to invite you to stay with us again on your next trip to Orange County!

Waldport, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Ayres Hotel was a wonderful place to stay while I visited family in the area. The whole hotel was spanking-clean and modern. The staff was always eager to assist me with any problems that I had or information that I needed. The breakfast was always excellent and one could eat outside if she or he wanted to in an airy, bright courtyard. I stayed on the third floor, and at first was disappointed to see that there was only one elevator, but that proved to be no problem for me--I hardly ever had to wait for it. I was initially put into a room in which the a/c had broken down, but was quickly transferred to another room when I brought it to the staff's attention. I even received an email from the manager at Ayres Laguna apologizing yet again for the need to change rooms. I used the shuttle service to and from the airport and it was quick and on time.

Room Tip: My room (315) had a lovely view of the courtyard and pool.
Green Features: I agree with the practices that Ayres institutes. I stayed for 3 nights and didn't need my towels washed or my bed changed/made, so I didn't have a housekeeper in my room at all. I didn't mind.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear selkie0,

Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay and for taking the time to write a review of our property! Your comments are very much valued.

We pride ourselves in delivering excellent customer service, and it is delighting to hear that you received nothing short of that. Although we are pleased that the issue of changing rooms was resolved, once again, please accept our apologies for any inconveniences that may have arisen.

Thank you again for your positive feedback. We would love to invite you to stay with us again in the future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This location is perfect for accommodating my needful stay for Out of State Cousin. According to her review as we checked her in late night, room was on ground floor ( good ), she slept well and breakfast the next morning was really good. Unfortunately, only one night was not enough to utilize all of the offered utilities by this beautiful, warm, cozy Hotel who fit the needs of loved ones who traveled from Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida to attend our Dad's 90th birthday party!! I highly recommend Ayres Hotel to anyone, especially coming from out of State. Also to mention, Ayres is next to an awesome food Court ( Hometown Buffet ) and Subway, shopping area and Laguna Woods Village plus grocery stores. Excellent service and location!! Thank you Ayres Staff

Room Tip: Interesting question for elder Folks possibly, I appreciate ground floor room. Checking bags in can...
Green Features: In this day and age, yes I would appreciate paying for my cat to travel with me ( I would never sneak her in ). Dogs, cats are part of lives at times. Having a pet friendly area would be a great touch??
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I enjoyed my staying in the hotel.
Rooms are large, and nice furnished. Free Wi-Fi and breakfast.
Staff is very fiendly and helpful.
Happy hour with free drinks on weekdays was very relaxing.
Overall, it was a pleasant experience to stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
#8 of 22 in Laguna Beach
The Inn At Laguna Beach
The Inn At Laguna Beach
#4 of 22 in Laguna Beach

Been to Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods? Share your experiences!