“The best kept secret in the Laguna region”

Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Laguna Woods
GreenLeadersGold level
Winter Park, Florida
“The best kept secret in the Laguna region”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The setting of the facility compensates for the location on a busy road and the accommodations are neo-classical and soothing. The rooms are comfortable and the staff restocks the incidentals in ways that many hotels do not now provide on a daily basis. The breakfasts (that are complimentary with the room) serve really cooked food and a variety of carbs. There is an airport shuttle to Orange County Airport and buses to Amtrak and Laguna Beach for those without cars and ample parking for those with cars or trucks. Easily accessible from the Moulton Parkway, or closer El Toro Road exits from the freeway. Also close to the Orange County toll-road. The hot tub has always worked on my visits and the pool is well maintained. Reasonably nice physical exercise rooms exist, but there are miles of places to hike in the hills after a short bus ride or long walk. Ideal for those on a budget.

Room Tip: Upstairs in the back overlooking the pool or overlooking Saddleback Mountain and the valley on the e...
Green Features: Shuttle is available to the airport and the usual requests to save water by reusing towels. There is a self-use laundry for guests.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was staying at the Ayres for the wedding of a friend. It is a beautiful hotel with gorgeous decor. The hotel staff was warm, friendly, and incredibly attentive to detail. The full breakfast was delicious!

More than that, all the conveniences of home (iron, coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, etc) were all present in my room. I had plenty of room to get dressed and had a wonderful night's sleep in the extremely comfortable king sized bed. All in all, a wonderful experience!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Amarpreet A,

Thank you very much for your generous recommendation and we're positively thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate your kind compliments about our European boutique inspired décor, full American breakfast and warm, friendly staff. We strive to provide the best hospitality and service for all of our guests and are delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your sincere compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Whittier, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Beautiful little hotel with warm traditional decor. We selected the Ayres due to it's location. It was close to our daughter's wedding venue & it had great reviews. The staff was quite accommodating and helpful. Prior to the wedding, our room was spacious enough to fit the bride, 4 bridesmaids doing hair/makeup, mother of the bride and a photographer at one time. After the wedding my husband and I enjoyed a great nights sleep in the comfy king sized bed. The complimentary full american breakfast was a great way to end our daughter's wedding weekend with our new in-laws. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Violet H
Laguna Woods, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

FIRST CLASS -- I had worked with the Ayres properties for 10+ years on a corporate level but never stayed there before. I stayed here for the first time because my house was being fumigated. When I first arrived, I was blown away by all the free, convenient parking. It took all of maybe 3 minutes to check in and I was on my way to my room. I noticed the décor of the hotel which was in pristine condition. My room overlooked the courtyard and was very spacious, with a king bed, fold out couch, coffee table, desk, bar area, side tables, internet connection and a ceiling fan. All the comforts of home -- a coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, lotion -- every amenity has been taken care of and the room in absolutely immaculate condition including the marble counter top tables. I didn't partake in the free cocktail reception last night but did notice all the different wines, beer and snacks they offered and decided to take a few cookies back to my room. I had to rush to work this morning but stopped by to check out the free breakfast they offer. It included everything from eggs, waffles, fruit, bacon, rolls -- this is no small continental breakfast -- I don't eat that well at home. Lastly, I brought my pillow because usually hotels have these tiny pillows -- not the Ayres Hotel. The pillows were oversized and so plump and fluffy. The Ayres Hotel is fit for a queen -- just the way I like it!

Room Tip: A room over the courtyard is lovely
Green Features: Green practices Energy-efficient lightbulbs Efficient ventilation system Tracks energy use Temperature set to save energy ENERGY STAR guest room appliances Biodegradable toiletries
1 Thank Vicki F
Kapolei, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was booted out of my home for twelve days by plumbing issues. The Ayres staff graciously welcomed me to their very well appointed hotel. This hotel is full of very helpful amenities. But the reason I will return (hopefully for a more pleasant reason) is the warm, traditional decor and attention to detail in the hotel. It's not fun being out of your home when it wasn't your idea. The Ayres staff made me forget that I was unhappy with my situation at home. Yes, it's conveniently located, and reasonably priced, but so are many other places. This hotel, however, is worth the money.

Room Tip: I had a view of the courtyard. It was lovely, and only a little noisy early in the evening one day o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear lagunalady27,

Thank you kindly taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. In regards to your recent stay, we’re pleased to hear that we were able to be your home away from home during your unfortunate evacuation. We truly appreciate your kind compliments about our friendly and welcoming staff, European inspired décor, and overall experience you had at our hotel. We pride ourselves in delivering only the best service to our hotel guests and I am delighted to hear that our service exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for your kind words and we would love to invite you to stay with us again!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Nice hotel, standard but very nice. Big room, strange layout. Fresh cookies on check in always wins me over. Great service, gave us toothpaste at about midnight. FREE FULL BREAKFAST as well, eggs, sausage, French toast, the works. Nice hotel, well managed and just what you'd expect

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Sean B,

Thank for choosing our hotel for your recent stay! We are truly delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our delicious fresh baked cookies as well as our complimentary full American breakfast. We truly appreciate all of your kind remarks about your experience at our hotel. Once again thank you for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is one the nicest hotels I have stayed at while on business. The staff is friendly and helpful. They are there to serve their guests and make that perfectly clear. Vince, the general manager is wonderful! He drove me and other co-workers to our meeting in the smaller hotel shuttle when there was no other larger shuttle available, and he did it willingly-----you could tell the hotel was busy that morning, but he jumped in and solved our transportation issues. My room was always clean as was the rest of the establishment. I would never stay anywhere else while in the Laguna/Irvine area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
#6 of 22 in Laguna Beach
The Inn At Laguna Beach
The Inn At Laguna Beach
#4 of 22 in Laguna Beach

Been to Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods? Share your experiences!