“Hotel COULD Be Incredible”
Review of Saddleback Inn

Saddleback Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The folks at the Saddleback Inn are very nice and helpful. The location is terrific and the setting beautiful. Unfortunately it needs a HUGE renovation. Our cabin's carpet was dark purple, dirty along the side of the walls and probably hasn't been changed in decades. The comforter and decorative pillows were also a pattern dark purple that hid (I don't want to know what kind of) stains. Small fruit flies joined us in the living room everyday.

When we walked in we immediately opened the windows. It smelled old and dank. When we opened the windows, the noise from the street was overwhelming. The hotel sits at a busy intersection and our room was about 10 feet from the traffic + Harley's are a favorite in Arrowhead I guess. The only other room available looked over the 7-11 parking lot.

At night, we turned the air conditioner on (which is one wall unit in the bedroom) it crackled like fireworks - so that wouldn't work. We then tried both fans, only one worked. The fans were absolutely old and filthy. It was almost impossible to get some sleep.

I wouldn't bathe my dog in "jacuzzi" in the bathroom. There was a water ring around the bottom and small dead flies. I had to take one of the hotel towels and dust off the plastic shelf on the wall.

This property has so much potential! What a shame it is that they have such little respect for their customers. Thank goodness we left our small children at home - there is no way I would have let them crawl around on that floor.

I challenge the owners to spend a week in the summer in their own hotel and see if they have a different impression

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room FAR AWAY from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Friendly staff, comfy rooms, and great location/ walking distance from activities. A nice place to clear your head and enjoy your stay however long or short your visit may be. Don't forget to enjoy the cooler temperatures.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Here on a four night "get-away" trip from the city life. Loving it! The mountains are beautiful, the hotel is pristine. I am a CLEAN FREAK. When I first check into a hotel, I look at every nook and cranny! Under the bed. Everything. This place is spotless! Have my own nice private cottage. There was no parking fee or hidden fees. Hate those! Always find out when you go to check out! And free breakfast which was great to have for me and the kids. Ate dinner at the restaurant Friday and Saturday. The ribs and the fish were delicious! The kids loved the karaoke on Friday night in the lobby. Saturday was a lady guitar player. She was great. Did a lot of covers songs of like Janis Joplin and Adele and Fleetwood Mac.

Hotel staff is great. Super friendly. Just a short walk to the village which is perfect. The kids loved the little park at the end. And feeding the ducks. And the hotel gives you passes to the lake where the kids went swimming and I laid out in the sand. Beautiful summer days up here! Cool at night and maybe mid eighties during the day.

Don't want to leave tomorrow! But they do give you a 50% off coupon for next time during the week so I will be back! Thank you guys!

Room Tip: In the Moonglow. Deck of the front is perfect for sitting in gorgeous weather. Huge jacuzzi tub in t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012

All the years in southern cal.and now I find this charming place. The staff is so nice . My room was a cottage in the woods. Very nice, very clean,a perfect location just across the street from the lake and shopping. Stay here if you go to Lake Arrowhead. Perfect.

Room Tip: Great restaurant
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at this resort at Lake Arrowhead,Ca.from the very begining the staff could not do enough to make us feel welcomed,the rooms are well kept along with the main lodge.the resturant has a good menu,along with a great bar and decor.We highly recommended this place if you are looking for a good value and a great place to spend a couple of nights.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rich G
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed 2 nights at this inn, the people at the front desk friendly, however , rooms leave a lot to be desired. Old, faded bedspreads, no radio , small tv's, dated to be sure. I felt like I was back in the 70's....my husband was less impressed. We moved over to the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa and for almost the same price we were so impressed..

The owner was great, the breakfast was served on little plastic plates with the eggs cold on the bottom, the patties were greasy and service was sparse.

We have made our new "favorite" romantic place at the Lk Arrowhead Resort.....

I am usually not that picky, however, the room we were in was depressing to say the least.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Saddleback Inn is a quiet, woodsy lodging near the lake and village. There are many small cabins tucked in the trees behind the main office and grill. Ours was pleasantly decorated and spotlessly clean. The bathroom and jacuzzi tub took up about 1/4 of the cabin but was well worth it. The tub is so big, you struggle to stretch out and adjust the faucet with your toes.

During our three night stay, we needed front desk help several times. We encountered three different staff members and each was helpful, friendly, and attentive. My wife is on a special diet and needed a microwave. There was none in the room. While I was waiting for another guest to check-in, I was talking to the visitors about wanting to request a microwave. A staff member overheard my needs, got on the phone and called in the order. She then stepped out of the office and told me the microwave was on the way. Nice.

The Saddleback Inn is a short, down hill, walk from Arrowhead Village where there is shopping and dinning. Arrowhead is a private lake with little or no public lake access. Here you can take stroll next to the water and around the village. It takes about 10-15 minuets if you don’t stop to shop.

In the Village are stores like Pendleton and Izod along with local merchants. You can get an ice cream cone, chocolates, new shoes, or a new outfit. There is even a toy store and a small children's amusement area.

There are a variety of food choices at the Village. You can eat Mc Donald's, Subway, or upscale a little with Mexican food or nicer choices at Woody's Boat House. Mc Donald’s and the Boat House have nice lake views. You won’t find gourmet fair but you will have a decent meal a short walk from you lodging. If you want to just cocoon, you can do so by eating at the dinning room and bar in the Inn.

It’s a nice drive to Big Bear where the lake has more public access and there is more shopping. However, there is more noise and more people. In Spring, drive past Big Bear to the deserts and take a look at the wildflowers. Of course there is skiing and tube slides in winter.

We would go back to the Saddleback.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin away from the road and dinning room. Although the whole area is quiet, this will mak...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort
Arrowhead Lake Inn
Arrowhead Lake Inn
#1 of 7 in Lake Arrowhead

Been to Saddleback Inn? Share your experiences!