Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Lake Arrowhead Chalets(Lake Arrowhead)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$294
US$166
US$161
Travelocity
Saddleback Inn(Lake Arrowhead)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$135
Arrowhead Mountain Inn(Lake Arrowhead)
US$86
US$84
Travelocity
Arrowhead Lake Inn(Lake Arrowhead)
TripAdvisor
Arrowhead Tree Top Lodge(Lake Arrowhead)
TripAdvisor
Fleur de Lac(Lake Arrowhead)
Skyforest Inn(Skyforest)
Antlers Inn(Twin Peaks)
Arrowhead Ranch(Lake Arrowhead)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslake arrowhead resort and spaprivate beachfront desk managermountain viewcommon areasmain lobbywe ordered room servicehotel lobbylounge chairsthe general managerbig bearfitness centersouthern californialos angelesmid weekget awaywalking distance to the village
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights in early Nov 2013 weekend with wife and dog.

Good:

1. Fantastic scenery both in the hotel and around it at the lakeshore in San Bernardino Mountains. Hotel lobby looks like a fairy tale lodge and is definitely the highlight of this property
2. Even though it is a resort with overpriced spa and other typical resort price-gouging features, it does allow pets in a separate wing of the hotel. It is totally clean even though pets are allowed almost anywhere. Our shorty jack russell loved sitting next to us on the couch in the lobby in front of the fireplace.
3. Great access to the lake, has its own little beach. It is also close to the only shopping / dining area on the lake, so it does have decent and affordable dining choices near by (walking distance). It must be gorgeous during the winter months here, although the outside scenery was gorgeous even on a snowless autumn weekend

Bad:

1. No benefits for any Marriott elites, if one does not count a contractual obligation to Platinums to offer $10 resort credit or 500 Marriott points; since they call themselves a resort, no free breakfast for Golds or Platinums is offered
2. Extremely thin walls make you hear every dog yelp or human word spoken in nearby rooms
3. Lake is "private" for residents only, so, in summer months, don't count on using it in any way other than for viewing and walking around it in limited spaces where that is allowed
4. Maintenance staff is clueless about dosages of spa chemicals, leaving one of the spas completely green and foamy for a full day of our stay
5. Front desk staff unresponsive and rude when I asked for check-out bill correction, since we were charged for a service we have not used

Conclusion:

Glad to see the first Marriott property in a Southern California ski area. However, this is NOT a property that should charge rates similar to Ritz's when they do not offer the level of service or amenities of a high end hotel. Staff re-training on all levels and functions urgently required.

Room Tip: Always look for lakeview rooms. With parking lot view rooms, you're better off in one of the bed and brekafasts nearby, even if you're long time Marriott elite.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Neb P
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa is a nice choice if you are looking for a slightly luxurious spot in the mountains. You can get a lake facing room- its a gorgeous view. The rooms are spacious, and the bathrooms are of a good size.

The hotel staff is very friendly. I liked the bar too.

You can walk down to the lake from the hotel.

Their jacuzzis looks great too- but we didn't use them this time. Next time, on a slightly less cold night- i'd love to soak in.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake facing room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2013

It was our first time there and we were impressed. The staff is professional and friendly. Rooms are fancy and come with his and hers robes. Very expensive but worth it. The wedding was beautiful!
Dinner is a bit pricey. We ate breakfast there one day and it was good. There is a BelgianWaffle
House in the village near Mcdonalds with more reasonable prices and yummy waffles.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Have never stay here before and was looking forward to it. 2 days of rest and relaxation. The hotel was very nice inside but the employees at the front desk put me off the moment I walked in. I was given a cave of a room with no opening windows and a view of the parking lot. It was horrible and I asked to change. Received a nice room with a view of the lake for $40 more per night. Wasn't enough to pay $338 a night and get a cave room. Front desk was not polite and apologetic for the crappy room. Couldn't eat dinner at the bin restaurant because it required reservations. People staying at the hotel should be allowed to dine without the reservations because there isn't much else around there. At this price we should have been treated better. This resort was a huge disappointment and I'm mnot likely to return. Marriot should look into keeping it as a signature hotel. Take a look at the Tucsan Star Pass Marruiot, you may learn something...they treat all guests very well.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake or mountain view. Parking lot is not pleasent.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kim B
Tracy S, Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

First thank you for your feedback on your stay with us on your last visit. We apologize for the problems you faced with our staff, I am very shocked to hear that some of our team was below your expectations. We usually get great responses back from our guests and we certainly will address your concerns and work on making sure this will not happen again. Also to address your concerns of the restaurant, due to the popularity of the Bin 189 and the limited options for additional places to eat up here, we do require reservations on Weekends and Holidays to properly serve our Bin 189 guest.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stay here every year for a conference for the past several years, and I have watched the hotel get worse every time I stay. For some reason, the hotel keeps wiping out all of the negative reviews on TripAdvisor, so I will post a review of my last stay in recently as September, 2013, but the review also applies to my experiences in years past.
I have noticed the following problems at the hotel:
Many room service trays with dirty dishes left in the hallways for a full day. I have seen housekeeping staff members walk by the piles of dirty dishes and do nothing. This always disgusts me. I don't need to see half-eaten food on the floor in the hallway. I have no idea why the staff ignores this problem. It's very easy to pick up a tray while walking through the hallway and bring it back to the kitchen. Most hotels have room service, and I have never seen the problem this bad anywhere else. It must be something unique to the staff here.
The font desk is chronically understaffed, especially during check in and check out times for large conferences. The line to check in or check out stretched through the lobby, and regular hotel guests had to wait in the long line of conference members. On my last stay, my room key stopped working at night and I was unable to get into my room. I went to the front desk, but nobody was there, and I had to wander around the first floor looking for a staff member just to get back into my room. There should be at least one person at the front desk at all times, especially when there is a large conference at the hotel.
Overall bad staff attitude. It's hard to get the front desk staff to care about genuine problems.
A few positives: The spa and gym are very nice. The locker room facilities are especially nice for a hotel, with steam rooms and large jacuzzis.
The outdoor pool area is also nice, especially on a warm summer day or in the jacuzzi on cold fall or winter night.
The location is nice, and if you can get a room with a lake view, you will be impressed.
The rooms themselves are on the small side, but cozy. The beds are some of my favorite hotel beds I have slept on.
The bottom line is that the staff here simply does not have customer service in mind. This is evident on all levels of staff, from the front desk to room service and cleaning staff. It's not that hard to put a little effort into having a positive attitude and caring about the appearance of the hotel, but the staff haven't figured out how to do that.
I hope the hotel management reads this review and has a serious discussion with the staff.

Room Tip: Lake views are worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank flyzapper
Tracy S, Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Grettings,

Thank you very much for your feedback and continued patonage to lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. We sincerly apologize for your last experience here at the hotel and take your review very serious. We are striving to ensure that all our guest have a wonderful experince at our hotel and if if for some reason that does not happen we take your comments to heart and work to correct the issues. Whe the hotel became a Marriott Autograph on september 30th and all reviews prior to that were removed by Trip Advisor. Once again we are working to take care of the issues you have encountered and we look foward to your return.