Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had purchased a coupon on Travelzoo so didn't really know what to expect. Reviews were very mixed. However, we have no complaints at all. The room was clean and very comfortable with a nice view of the lake. Had dinner in the restaurant and it was very good with excellent service. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Stephanie and Luis was our bell hop. Both of these employees were friendly and courteous. A minor complaint would be children in the pool without any adult supervision. Other than that, a wonderful experience. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Request a view of the lake
1  Thank RhinestoneLady
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear RhinestoneLady,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. Luis and Stephanie were thrilled that they were able to make a lasting impression. Thank you for choosing the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lake Arrowhead Resort

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Well, first it's hard to beat the location! Literally at the water's edge of the stunningly beautiful Lake Arrowhead, the property is (as are most of us!) blessed by the hand of the Almighty! Rooms are nicely apportioned; linens top of the line, bed comfy, shower spacious, the lobby warm and inviting and staff uniformly courteous and helpful; the flat screen TV in this location will never get worn out from overuse. Why four and not five stars? Like I said, picky, picky, picky. Complimentary ice water provided in the lobby with a dash of citrus, but no morning complimentary coffee to get the day started, no complimentary paper (to kick start the brain) and the restaurant, thought commanding some of the best views of the property (an summer evening meal on a deck, on the lakefront, surrounded by towering pines easily covers a very modest wine list and in truth, modest offerings. We had salmon and black beans--on a very large plate. Salmon was good enough, not extraordinary--the black beans? Well an unusual heavy pairing with salmon that probably would not merit a reprise upon what will certainly be a return trip. The deck, the view, the ambience trumps even black beans modestly done.

Room Tip: Call and request a lake view room (duh)
1  Thank BenDillow

Dear BenDillow,

Thank you for staying at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. We are so glad you loved the location and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Please let me preface this scathing review by stating that I have never in my 25+ years of international travel written a negative review of a resort/spa. And yet I have enjoyed the most humble hostel accommodations, right up to opulent five star luxury hotels all over the world. I believe that thoughtful, detailed and accurate reviews of hotels can either make or break not only a kindly stranger's unknowing experience, but also forever put a positive or negative stamp on a property. Tonight, I write to say TRAVELERS BEWARE. I am an avid Travelzoo Top 20 purchaser and took notice when I saw them offer a deal last month (May 2014) to stay at The Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. The last time I was at this property was the winter of 1990, when it was owned and operated by Hilton. When I brought my three girls (ages 10, 12 and 15) last month, our problems began when we were checked in by none other than one of the hotel managers, Reid. With the resort at less than 50% occupancy, she assigned us a room with a "lake view" (that I paid extra for) which was a lengthy walk down a long hallway, on the second floor, with a most underwhelming view of a big tree. After tipping a very cheerful and most helpful bell boy quite well to bring my daughter's and my copious bags to this remote room, I lamented to him that for my first time back at the resort in nearly 25 years, I was disappointed in our less than stellar, yet premium "lake view" in room 252. Next thing you know, Matt the wonder bell boy gets our room changed to room 328 - with a stunning view of Lake Arrowhead. My girls and I couldn't have been more thrilled until we returned from the local pizzeria with our dinner around 9 pm and decided to eat on our balcony. We became instantly and painfully aware that our room, directly above the jacuzzi, gave us a front row seat to the vulgar and inappropriate actions of what we soon realized were local teenagers who had broken into the resort, and who were illegally enjoying the hotel's vamenities. I soon rushed my girls off the balcony and immediately called the front desk to express my concern that my young daughters were essentially witnessing lewd behavior in the jacuzzi. 45 -- yes -- FORTY FIVE minutes passed from when I made that phone call to the time when the raucous teenagers vacated the hotel premises (via a drainage ditch) below the resort screaming "get out of here! someone called the cops!" Not five minutes later, two hotel employees finally appear to inspect the jacuzzi, which was now of course empty. I look down from my balcony and inform them that I had called the front desk 45 minutes earlier and that they just missed the teenagers who fled just moments prior. At this point, my girls are in tears by the scene unfolding in front of them. I get a terse written apology under my door from Patrick, the restaurant manager -- who was the acting hotel manager on duty that night -- and some breakfast vouchers. My girls and I checked out the following day, with more than a sour taste in our mouths over our time at The Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I contacted Reid following our stay to express my concern over the upsetting incident with the trespassing teenagers. She encouraged us to give the resort another try and booked us for two more nights, June 22-24, offering us a $30 resort credit for our trouble, and promising to do her best to reserve room 328, with it's lovely lake view upon our return. We arrived two nights ago and were told that room 328 was occupied and were assigned a room on the second floor with a comparable view of the lake, but with the monstrosity of overhead noise from the room above us (a suite containing several guests -- not necessarily of the hippopotamus variety, yet from the noise level that kept us up until nearly midnight and woke us up again in the early morning -- you never would have thought differently) which completely destroyed any semblance of rest and relaxation we came to enjoy.
Sadly, that was just the beginning of copious problems we encountered during our second stay in one month - a stay that was supposed to redeem The Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa in my eyes, and more importantly, my children's eyes. In short, disaster was abound in everything from cold room service food we ordered for lunch accompanied by iced water tasting of bleach, to unchanged sheets, after I specifically requested clean sheets (and marked them, to determine whether or not they had indeed been changed), to literally an entire day filled with witnessing young kids, completely unattended my parents, to teenagers, breaking into the resort pool, jacuzzis and beach (often with open beer bottles after the sun went down). I repeatedly made the front desk aware of the trespassing kids (particularly when there was zero room in the resort jacuzzi for my kids because of all the local teens) only to have a couple of 'security personnel' stand over the jacuzzi with folded arms saying that they needed to leave...to no avail. A half dozen other resort guests witnessed this flagrant mocking of trespassing laws, and lamented at length, with my family and I about the sheer gall and utter lack of respect of these local teens. Damage has been done. Countless resort guests watched on at the completely ineffectual enforcement of resort rules by the staff of The Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. If only the diligent efforts of many hard-working housekeeping, in room dining, and bell staff could have made up for the vacuous holes in the rest of the operation here. Sadly, my girls and I are left more than just a little disappointed. We are left sleep deprived by thin walls and ceilings, hungry after dismal dining experiences, and beyond frustrated with resort staff and management who would rather look the other way as local kids rob paying guests of a peaceful stay. I did my best to give this Marriott property the benefit of the doubt, and even growing pains for that matter, only to get slapped in the face repeatedly. I won't be returning.

Stayed: June 2014
9  Thank Sarah C
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Sara C.,

We are sorry to hear that the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa wasn't to your liking. We know how important reviews are to travelers making lodging decisions and we are disappointed to hear that we didn't meet your needs. We certainly hope others will have the chance to read our overwhelmingly positive feedback on Trip Advisor and come for the great location, facilities and wonderful staff we have. We also hope that you might give us another chance to provide you with the highest level of service and quality.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We just booked Lake Arrowhead Resort for our daughter's wedding and reception. The wedding specialist gave us a tour and went over all the details and we were sold! It is such a beautiful hotel right on the lake. They offer many great options - makeup, hair, spa, food, ceremony, reception, and even the rehearsal dinner. The ceremony will be held outside overlooking the lake and amongst the towering pine trees. The reception will be in the Lakeside View Room with a big fireplace and a great view of the lake. To top it all off, we will have a beautiful place to stay right at the wedding location!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathy S
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Kathy S.,

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding engagement. We are so happy that you have chosen the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa to be part of such a memorable occasion!

Thank you for posting such wonderful comments about the resort and we look forward to providing you with the highest level of quality and service for your daughter's event.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Value for price paid not there: (
Location is great and been an Autograph collection hotel we didn't all F & B staff lacking basic training from courtesy to basic service : ( dinner service was lacking and topped with the bartender out of coffee at 11:20 ? " my servers dumped the coffee already,sorry : (
Room needed some maintenance , broken furniture and breakfast was a complete disaster call to ask the times to front desk and when we get there cant have it : (your time is up no communication between departments and the guest is left hanging very very disappointed

Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank Maria M

Dear Maria M.,

I am sorry you were not able to enjoy the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa as it was intended to be. I would like to speak to you directly regarding your last stay. Please call me at your earliest convenience at 909-336-1511.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay. Very relaxing. The room was very comfortable and was flawless & spotless. Great lake view.
Staff was very nice and accommodating.
Restaurant for breakfast lacked a bit in the service department, plus cold plates :(
Dinner service was excellent & food was very good, hot plates this time :)

Room Tip: Lake view only is the way to go

Dear Keith S.,

Thank you for staying with us at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am glad you were able to enjoy two nights with us that sounds like it was very relaxing. I have shared your comments with the staff and have taken the steps to ensure the cold plates are being used in the restaurant.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We recently had our fourth stay at this lovely resort and spa. First of all the employees have been on board for a long time and make you feel so welcome. The spa is first rate and incredibly clean. We enjoy the panoramic lakeview and like to relax poolside. We always secure a lakeview room. Another perk is the little village is just a short walk.Whenever we feel the need to leave our beach house for a quiet rest in the mountains, Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa is our first and only choice.

Room Tip: Get lakeview
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lauriesunship
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Lauriesunship,

I am so glad to hear that you have stayed with us four times and how much you love the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Arrowhead
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort
Arrowhead Lake Inn
Arrowhead Lake Inn
#1 of 7 in Lake Arrowhead

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!