“Nice Place But Patience Required”

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Overall, we enjoyed our time at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa with one major caveat. . . you need a lot of patience! When we arrived at 3:45 pm, we were not allowed to check-in to our room because it was not ready. We sat around in the lobby while we waited. We were told that we would receive a call from the front desk when our room was available. After waiting until 5 pm with no call to my mobile number, I re-approached the front desk to inquire and only then was I given a room.

More patience needed. . . We ate breakfast each morning in BIN 189, and that was a test in patience. Yesterday, we waited 15 minutes to be seated even though there were many empty tables in the restaurant. From the time we were seated until our food arrived, we waited 45 minutes! This morning, there was no hostess when we arrived. We waited for her for several minutes to seat us, and there were only 5 parties in the entire restaurant. Most of them left shortly after our arrival but it was 45 minutes before our food arrived! The food was good both mornings, but the service was painfully slow. The resort could use some attention to details.

Lake Arrowhead is beautiful. The weather is outstanding. All of the staff we encountered during our stay were friendly, warm, and very helpful. The access to the lake hiking trail was a bonus. We walked the 6 mile trail this morning and loved it. The proximity of the resort to the Village is a bonus. The fitness room in the Spa met our needs with a variety of equipment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third flood with a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SDCATraveler
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear SDCATraveler, I am glad that you enjoyed Lake Arrowhead but I am disappointed that you were not able to enjoy the resort as it was intended to be. I have shared your comments with the staff and we are doing everything we can to make everyone's stay more enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your comments and please contact me directly as I would like to personally handle your next reservation.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Obviously the location can't be beat. The service is very good, it's clean and mostly comfortable. The bed was a bit too soft and sloped to side but otherwise more than adequate. The door to the porch needs attention and oiling-moving it was like pushing a boulder. Food was okay but not great.The small coffee and gift shop were great, and Vickie went out of her way to please-opens at 6 am-even better.

Room Tip: Ask for one which was renovated in 2013
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phmokda
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Phrmokda,

We can't agree with you more that the Lake Arrowhead location can't be beat! I shared your comments with Vickie and she was very enthusiastic to hear that she went above and beyond during your stay. When you are in the area, please come see us again!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This place is a gem and with a little mores management could be excellent. The staff are superb in every department from valet parking, bell boys, reception, etc. Nothing too much trouble and all done with a smile and politeness. You should however see my review on the restaurant as that was a let down.
Rooms are a bit "tired" but overall value for money and location gets over this

Room Tip: Make sure you get ones overlooking the lake and beach not the car park or the swimming pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Calvia06,

The staff were very excited to hear your comments and we made a great impact on your last stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. It is always great to hear that our staff was very accommodating and they provided you with a high level of service with a smile. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Fabulous hotel in an even more fabulous location! They made us feel so welcome when we were visiting our 3 grandchildren. Our room was beautiful and the lobby, pool and beach area outstanding. Thanks for the hospitality and great service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cece4747,

Thank you for posting the fabulous comments regarding the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am glad you loved the lobby, pool and beach. Thank you for staying with us and please come see us again soon when you visit your grandchildren again!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have fallen in Love with Lake Arrowhead. The resort is the only Lake front resort in Lake Arrowhead. We have stayed there a few times over the past 3 years. Recently the Marriott took it over and I think it is improved although we loved it before as well. The service was good. I was worried at first because when I called the morning of our arrival I felt rushed and put off but when we arrived the front desk girls were sweet and very helpful. Melissa and I think there was a Courtney, anyhow very helpful. They were busy while we were there yet they were very accommodating at making sure our lake front room had a balcony (who knew that did not ALL have balcony's and what a shame as the view is BREATHTAKING! We asked for an upgrade and the next day they were able to move us to a suite. The suite was so beautiful but had some issues. The air conditioning did not work well in the bedroom and the TV was not working right. (we wanted to watch a movie at night and it wasn't working. The important part is though, that the staff they sent to help were so nice and tried their best to fix everything. The TV could not be fixed at that time and that was fine because of the nice attitude of everyone it was hard to get upset. we ordered room service that night (in anticipation of watching our movie..LOL) and the room service girl was the SWEETEST! I wish I could remember her name:( A couple of downsides - BREKFAST AT THE RESORT - YIKES...the blandest food (eggs totally over cooked, food cold and the SLOWEST (although polite) service. Not sure where the fall down is in that area. A good breakfast shouldn't be that hard. Lunch and dinner are good so I'm not sure of the problem. Suggestion - try the CEDAR CREEK INN for breakfast..WOW so good and inexpensive. Great!!!!!! The other down side is that check out is at 11am..one of the only hotels we have stayed in with a check out that early. usually it is noon. They were not accommodating on a late check out but they were sold out so I get it. All in all I recommend this property. I wish I had had a chance to try the spa. It looks fabulous! We are actually headed up there again tomorrow to celebrate a birthday and are hopeful for another good experience!! I also want to mention the Valet and Bell boys (Ron was one of them).. they were very nice and helpful, going out of their way with recommendations and directions and such! One more thing..try "THE MALT SHOP" that is the name of it..is it on the other side of town but well worth it. Old fashioned burgers and malts. Been around forever and has that 50's feel! SO GOOD!

Room Tip: LAKEFRONT WITH A BALCONY!!!!!! There can be trees blocking the view though so be aware of that.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allyson M

Dear Allymcd1,

It's great to hear that you have fallen in love with Lake Arrowhead. The mountains and surroundings are very peaceful and can make a great weekend getaway. I am so glad that Melissa and Courtney made your stay very pleasurable. I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef and are making constant improvements to enhance our breakfast choices. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to providing you with the highest level of quality and service for your next stay.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had a great stay at the hotel. Jeff, the bartender was very helpful. Restful time in a beautiful location. The staff even brought champagne to our room as a gift for my wife's birthday. This was a good way to finish off our summer before work starts up again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear AVIDguy,

I spoke to Jeff last night and told him about the great response you left about him. He was very excited to hear he left such a great impression. Thank you for letting us be a part of your wife's birthday celebration. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stay here two times a year when I take my son to camp which is about 10 minutes away and each time, the service is amazing, the food is perfect and the staff is awesome. Last time I was there, I left a VERY expensive wedding ring in the room and did not realize it until I returned home 3 days later. After speaking with Norm, the head of security, he and the head of Housekeeping inspected my room and they found it! They mailed it back to me in my home state over night and I had it the very next day! I could not believe how responsive and attentive they were to my needs both when I am there and when I had already left. I really am looking forward to returning, not only to pick up my son from camp, but to personally thank Norm for the gesture. In addition, the breathtaking views are always a refreshing pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Laura R,

Thank you so much for the kind comments regarding your stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. I am glad everything worked out with your ring. Thank you for staying with us and I hope your son had a great time at camp. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Arrowhead
Big Bear Frontier
#2 of 7 in Big Bear Lake
The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!