“Overrated? A little.”

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Couldn't get to our (4!!!) rooms until after 7pm because they weren't ready due to late check outs. Really?
Food was very good, service was friendly. Public areas are nice. Views of the lake from the terrace are great. Front of hotel, pool and rooms are underwhelming.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear elvistoo,Thank you for staying with us and reviewing the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. We appreciate your feedback for your recent stay. Please accept my apologies that the room was a not ready upon arrival. We will be sure to address your concerns and we hope to see you again soon. Please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay extra ordinary.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Really just an average property. Front Desk Clerks forced to answer phones and multi task. Service for Lunch in restaurant took an hour (food was good though). Pontoon and Fishing Boat not available due to mechanical issues. Just too hectic of a pace for a resort property. All staff were nice but maxed out and stressed. Old Wing rooms are tired and dated. Don't pay for a "lake view" unless you are okay with a small partial lake view hidden between trees. Its really a lake peek. Lake Arrowhead is indeed beautiful but I expected more from a Marriott property.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Monyline, I truly apologize for the inconvenience during your recent stay with us. Based on your comments, I am disappointed that you had a less than satisfactory stay at our hotel. As you can see from our other comments we work hard to please every guest. Your comments were shared with our team so that we can handle these types of situations more efficiently. I do hope you give us another chance and come back soon to enjoy the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa experience as it should be.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I went there on a business trip for a sales meeting with my medical device co. The company spent a good amount to be there. Everything was just average or below average. The service was stretched very thin so they were simply annoyed. My room a wouldn't go below 72 degrees one night and we were there during 104 degree days. I was actually sweating all night. The carpets needed vacuuming. The carpet in my room had a big stain on it. Bathroom floor needed washing. Towels and sheets were scratchy. They put bottles of water in my room which I thought were complimentary but I was charged $2 a bottle. We weren't able to use the lake because it is a private lake belonging to the association and not the resort. Food was just ok. I cook better myself. It was just ok. The views were beautiful. People arriving on Fri. @ 3 to check in had to wait 2 plus hours for their rooms because they weren't ready. The Marriott co. needs to reorganize this property. Could have been so much better. Glad I wasn't paying for it. I dislike writing bad reviews but I also dislike not getting what you've paid for. I hope they make improvements.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Micki333

Dear Micki333, I truly apologize for the inconvenience during your recent stay with us. Based on your comments, I am disappointed that you had a less than favorable stay at our hotel. I can certainly understand how you would have been disappointed with the unusual items that you experienced. As you can see from our other comments we work hard to please every guest. Your comments were shared with our staff team so that we can handle these types of situations more efficiently. I do hope you give us another chance and come back soon to enjoy the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa experience as it should be.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here for one night in room on pool level with balcony overlooking next door hotel and car park . The hotel is a lovely spot with views of the lake but we felt that the hotel suffered from a lack of attention to detail and professionalism. On arrival our room was not ready for an hour after it should have been. We were comped an appetiser and a round of drinks whilst we waited, which was nice but we were tired after a long drive.
Dinner in the restaurant was amateurish and chaotic. We were told we couldn't sit outside even though there were four or five free tables. Inside service was very slow, although it was half empty. The waitress apologised as clearly things weren't going well
We tried to book at the spa for the Sunday morning but were told it wasn't open. Given this is high season in July, this seemed most odd?
In the morning, I would expect to see room service plates cleared, and glasses left on the beach picked up.
Positives: location, bed very comfy, good toiletries, the management just need to concentrate on getting the details right.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Spotlight2, Thank you for your valued feedback. I'm sorry the service was less than satisfactory. Your comments were shared with our team so that we can handle these types of situations more efficiently. I do hope you give us another chance and come back soon to enjoy the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa experience as it should be.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Went here for anniversary trip. The area is beautiful and the hotel is well maintained. Had a room overlooking the lake, wonderful view. Small balcony with a high-top table with two chairs. The property looks older, but is well maintained. The restaurant on site was very good and quality /price was good. There is a private walk around the lake that you can access with a code given to you at the front desk. Would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a lake view
2  Thank OCGirl58

Dear OCGIrl58, We are so glad to hear that you chose Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa to spend your Anniversary and that you were able to enjoy the resort as it was intended. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Overall, we enjoyed our time at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa with one major caveat. . . you need a lot of patience! When we arrived at 3:45 pm, we were not allowed to check-in to our room because it was not ready. We sat around in the lobby while we waited. We were told that we would receive a call from the front desk when our room was available. After waiting until 5 pm with no call to my mobile number, I re-approached the front desk to inquire and only then was I given a room.

More patience needed. . . We ate breakfast each morning in BIN 189, and that was a test in patience. Yesterday, we waited 15 minutes to be seated even though there were many empty tables in the restaurant. From the time we were seated until our food arrived, we waited 45 minutes! This morning, there was no hostess when we arrived. We waited for her for several minutes to seat us, and there were only 5 parties in the entire restaurant. Most of them left shortly after our arrival but it was 45 minutes before our food arrived! The food was good both mornings, but the service was painfully slow. The resort could use some attention to details.

Lake Arrowhead is beautiful. The weather is outstanding. All of the staff we encountered during our stay were friendly, warm, and very helpful. The access to the lake hiking trail was a bonus. We walked the 6 mile trail this morning and loved it. The proximity of the resort to the Village is a bonus. The fitness room in the Spa met our needs with a variety of equipment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third flood with a balcony.
3  Thank SDCATraveler

Dear SDCATraveler, I am glad that you enjoyed Lake Arrowhead but I am disappointed that you were not able to enjoy the resort as it was intended to be. I have shared your comments with the staff and we are doing everything we can to make everyone's stay more enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your comments and please contact me directly as I would like to personally handle your next reservation.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Obviously the location can't be beat. The service is very good, it's clean and mostly comfortable. The bed was a bit too soft and sloped to side but otherwise more than adequate. The door to the porch needs attention and oiling-moving it was like pushing a boulder. Food was okay but not great.The small coffee and gift shop were great, and Vickie went out of her way to please-opens at 6 am-even better.

Room Tip: Ask for one which was renovated in 2013
1  Thank phmokda
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Phrmokda,

We can't agree with you more that the Lake Arrowhead location can't be beat! I shared your comments with Vickie and she was very enthusiastic to hear that she went above and beyond during your stay. When you are in the area, please come see us again!

Norm Santos

The North Shore Inn
#1 of 1 in Crestline
The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!