“Excellent place and affordable”

Rose Gables Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Arrowhead
Rose Gables Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. Laurie and Ray are great host. The food is delicious and very elegant serving. Didn't want to eat it because it was a beautiful presentation. The room has all the amenities you need and the outside view is amazing. Spent half of the day outside enjoying the nice weather sipping on some tea and reading a good book.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank poppadoo
There are newer reviews for Rose Gables Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is an unusual review, in that I didn't actually stay at Rose Gables B & B. I intended to, based on the excellent ratings, over Valentine Day weekend, but plans changed a day before I was booked. I notified Rose Gables, and was told that, if they could rent out the suite I had reserved to another party, I would not be charged. The day I was due to arrive, I received a call from Rose Gables. They had not booked the suite, but understood my reluctance to show up by myself (which I was willing to do, rather than lose the cost of a night's lodging). They exhibited kindness and generosity in not charging me, despite my canceling only one day before my booking. This endears them to me, and I hope to stay with them in the future. Regardless, I give them my highest recommendation for going above and beyond the published terms of booking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sctmtn
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We just spent our 10th anniversary at Rose Gables and were very pleased with our experience. First off, Laurie is an excellent host and makes you feel so at home! Breakfast was almost to pretty to eat, can we just say delicious! We stayed in the Pearls and Lace Room and loved how spacious, clean and comfortable it was. The bathroom area was huge and would work perfectly for anyone looking for a bridal suite. We loved the large tub and fireplaces. Very romantic and relaxing! You should definitely stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathryn B
Reviewed 6 September 2013

A return visit and it was like coming home. The accomadations are remarkable and the owners, Ray and Laurie do not dissapoint! The rooms are clean and so very affordable. The breakfast is amazing and the quiet serene surroundings were just what we needed. Our room overlooked the lights of Hesperia and we could see forever.....beautiful sunsets. This a place you want to get away to and you'll never forget.

Room Tip: Although everything was wonderful we stayed in the smallest room and I prefer a soft bed and the roo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gloria M
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We visited Rose Gables B&B July 2013 and were met by Laurie who showed us around and made us feel at home. Our upstairs room was comfortable, bright, & appointed. The size be wast nice and the room included a lovely view.

There are outside patios and decks to enjoy and the neighborhood area is great for a walk. Breakfast weekdays is provided with a voucher at a nearby restaurant located at Lake Arrowhead Village Boat Dock overlooking looking the Lake. Makes for a nice outing before heading on. Recommend!

Room Tip: Great value and nicely appointed. Away from the beaten path. All for the better!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DM N
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed at Rose Gables last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay! We are novice B&Bers, and, therefore, don't have other B&B's to compare with. However, I cannot imagine it gets much better than this. To begin with, as it turned out, we were the only party that had booked a stay for this particular weekend, and had the whole house to ourselves. More importantly, however, they were planning to shut-down that weekend for "winter maintenance," but honored our reservation when I'm sure most would have attempted to re-schedule us or cancel! (Now that's putting your guests first!) We stayed in the Pearls and Lace room which is fabulous -- large bed, fireplace in the bedroom and one in the over-sized bath. The marble two-person bath tub is very relaxing and bubble bath and cozy robes are provided! We both found the bed to be quite comfortable and the mini-fridge made it convenient for us to keep our own drinks, etc. cold. Their collection of books, games and dvd's is vast so always something to keep you occupied. Baked goods, teas, hot chocolate, etc. in afternoon/evening -- and Laurie's cookies are quite yummy! As for breakfast, Laurie (and Liberty) are great cooks. One day, egg souffle with a great sausage, fruit, juice, etc., the next, eggs benedict (their own hollandaise!), a french toast that was fabulous, and all the trimmings. The proprietors and their family that were there for the weekend were friendly, and a joy to sit and talk with. So, all in all, have not even one negative about our trip to Rose Gables. And, for antique enthusiasts -- they have some lovely pieces and enjoyed admiring them!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Desiree M
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My husband and I had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before our stay at Rose Gables, and boy did they set the bar high! The house was warm, cozy, clean and comfortable. We began our stay sitting on the back patio with a cup of hot tea while taking in the beautiful vistas and mountain air. That night after dinner we lit a fire in our in-room fireplace (!), nibbled on homemade cookies, played board games and watched a movie. Breakfast both mornings was DELICIOUS! Better by far than most restaurants anywhere. Laurie sure can cook!! The location, hospitality, price and relaxation factor at Rose Gables is fantastic!

Room Tip: Splurge and choose a room with a fireplace! Also, I think the rooms in the back of the house may hav...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Arrowhead Lake Inn
Arrowhead Lake Inn
#1 of 7 in Lake Arrowhead

Been to Rose Gables Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!