“Great Hotel Experience”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Lake Elsinore
Irvine
“Great Hotel Experience”
Reviewed 10 February 2011

I’m pretty fussy when it comes to staying at hotels. I’ve had so many bad experiences in hotels that I rather live in a tent. But seriously, this hotel met my expectations, maybe even better than my expectations. We had two rooms for our party. The rooms looked pretty new, and very squeaky clean. We spent two nights since we came to jet ski on the lake. Good thing the hotel was pretty damn close to the lake. Speaking of that, our rooms a had a nice view of the lake as well.

The rooms themselves, had good sized bathrooms, nice carpets, comfy mattresses, and anything else you would expect from a good hotel. The front staff were great since we had to ask them to switch our rooms so we could get a good view of the lake. Basically, if I stay at a hotel again, I hope its like this one. Good price too.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Petereater11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Thousand Palms, California
Reviewed 17 January 2011

we were on our way back to L.A. from San Diego ,but it was late so we decided to stay the night in Lake Elsinore, we were very tired you see. We checked into B.W. The front desk person was very nice he was actually the general manager of the hotel. We asked for the room on second floor and he was very accommodating . The rooms were clean and comfortable with a nice view of the lake. The overall stay felt like we were at home. They offered my two little kids couple of "fresh out of the oven" cookies which was very kind of them. If i ever comeback this way--ill definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank redrose093
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night. In our haste to get to our tee time the next morning, I left behind a shirt and brand new sweater - hanging on the clothes rack behind the door. When I realized it, I contacted the manager of the hotel and told him I would be stopping back in for it. When I arrived back to pick it up I was informed that no clothing was found in the room. I was told the only other person to enter the room was housekeeping. I guess they got them self a nice new shirt and sweater - on me!!!
Best Western head office was informed and will not compensate me.
I will not be staying at another "BEST" Western Hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank aratgirl
Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2010

My husband & I stayed at the Best Western Lake View Inn & Suites for a full week to visit with family in Lake Elsinore..
The property offers a complimentary continental breakfast daily with a variety of choices in a cozy dining area with a balcony that overlooks the pool/hot tub and has views of the beautiful mountain range and a distant view of the lake. The rooms are well appointed with fluffy bedding that gives you a great nights sleep. The rooms have a desk, free wi-fi, tv, couch, etc.
There is an "office work area" with computer and printer for your printing needs in the lobby and a coin operated washer/dryer near the gym area. The front desk staff and management go out of their way to make sure your stay is pleasant and handle any request with a smile. It was truly an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Very pleased with the appearance, staff, and accomadations in general. Nice clean, spacious room, freindly staff, convienient location to dining, beautiful views.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Stayed several times, always clean & spacious for 2 people. Bed new and comfortable. Breakfast is above average with make-your-own waffles, fruit, cereal, hard boiled eggs, bagel, pastries, juice, toast & coffee. The pool & spa are clean and comfortbly heated. 5 plus restaurants and a casino within 1/2 mile walking distance. Lake view is ok on 2nd & 3rd floors. Some traffic noise on east side (away from the lake). Fitness room is good. A fine choice for a value oriented stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RicketyOne
Las Vegas
Reviewed 13 December 2009

I made a reservation here because they had the lowest rate for one night. The front desk staff was very nice and very professional. The problem arose when we entered our room, which was on the ground floor which is the same level as the swimming pool. The check in desk/lobby is on the first floor or street level.
Our room, upon entering immediately, had the funkiest odor. It was not quite a smell one associates with mildew, smoking (the hotel is 100% non-smoking), pets or musky old rooms. I went to the front desk and advised the clerk of the smell. She politely replied that the hotel has not been very busy, so the rooms were not being used as often. So I'm guessing that I was to tolerate the smell, simply because it was due to the room not being used and therefore I was only smelling stale air???? I was told by the front desk clerk that she would bring some Febreeze to my room.
Within 10 minutes, she brought a bottle for me and handed it to me at the door. The front desk clerk did not enter the room to check out the smell or a possible source of the smell and I was not offered another room.
I started spraying the furniture, bedding, AC/Heater, carpet etc, and noticed that the Febreeze was not smelling as mcuha s it should be compared to the Febreeze we use at home. When I opened the bottle, it smelled like the product had been diluted to almost zero strength. This was the bottle that Housekeeping were using.
We tolerated the smell and decided that this was not a place we wish to stay at again.

The walls of this hotel are very thin also. We were kept awake by our neighbors TV all night, plus we could hear most of their conversations while just laying in bed.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Canyon Lake
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country
Red Lion Inn & Suites Perris

Been to Best Western Plus Lake Elsinore Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!