“Limited choices with high prices. I have been twice. I love the idea of having fried pickles but in general the prices are too h”

Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #6 of 277 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have been to this restaurant twice. I love the idea fried pickles but in general the prices are too high for me to go to this restaurant regularly. I probably wouldn't go more than once a year.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Typical BBQ with too much sweet sauce. There is no "dry-rub", long-smoked BBQ on the menu. Sides are average. Service was adequate. It's expensive too. We won't return.

1  Thank LasFloresStout
Reviewed 17 December 2013

You can always count on a great meal at Lucille's.
We happened to be there for Thanksgiving this time and the meal was great.

1  Thank Finnsmom1
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I've been to several restaurants for smoked meat, but none can come close to Lucille's. I have never been disappointed in a meal with the exception of one time when I thought the tri tip didn't seem to have much smoke flavor, but it may just have been me. I can't imagine being disappointed with anything on the menu.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Took family out for Thanksgiving dinner for the first time. I had the traditional feast while the others had the two choice meat dinner. Since turkey was forthcoming at home on Saturday, I had the ham with mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans and the classic rolls.
The portions were not too big, which was good because sweet potato pie was included for dessert. The green beans could have been warmer because the sauce began to jel, so it was a bit thick.
The meal was served quickly and the poor waitress was working sooo hard and seemed tired from the holiday crowds but she did a great job. We enjoyed the dining experience although it was noisy from the busy crowds.

4  Thank Tim_the_Enchanter417