“Great hotel to stay ! Good service”

Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Pune, India
“Great hotel to stay ! Good service”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Well to begin with let me justify why I say that the hotel is good but I am not giving 5 stars. I stayed there for exactly a week and one fine day when I got up, I saw that newspapers had lined up most of the other rooms but not mine. I am disappointed bu this kind of selective service.

However, my stay was good. I availed their shuttle service, used the gym and the pool, their complimentary wine & cheese in the evenings and really enjoyed my stay at the hotel.

The hotel is located further south of Irvine, in the Lake Forest area. The hotel borders the highway but they have taken care that the windows are sound proof and you are not bothered by the busy highway at all.

The rooms have microwaves, coffee machines, fridge, television & ironing board with iron. A good stocked lav and a clean room with carpet.

The staff is friendly & helpful. The hotel shuttle runs in a certain radius and I used it thrice to go the Spectrum and Walmart

Given a chance, I will stay here again !

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the higher floor and towards the main lobby
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear ameyajoshi,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience on TripAdvisor. The newspaper delivery you mentioned is a benefit provided to our IHG Gold and Platinum members when they stay with us. I want to apologize if you were missed during your stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the wine and cheese reception and the quietness of our rooms.

We look forward to your next stay with us and hopefully you will feel confident in giving us five stars.

Kelli H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is one of the nicest and cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. Really...it's about as close to perfect in a hotel that you can get. The rooms were spotless and the hotel is in a great location. Well done!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear AV8R_Cy ,

We are delighted to hear that you had an excellent time whilt staying at our hotel. We do hope that you can come visit us again soon if you are ever in town..

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Everything was great. Room service, customer service, location, shower, quite, clean and well appointed. I would stay here again and wish I could take it with me where ever I'm going. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Inverurie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Comfortable, clean and professional hotel with good staff and good service. The only thing that let it down is slow wi-fi, which made it difficult to work with broadband speeds registering about 500k during the evening.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stay for 4 days and nothing to complain. Good location, close to I-5,105 and 405, Spectrum mall, restaurants. The Hotel is spotless clean and the service excellent. the front desk call you for your name anytime you address them. Excellent room service and complimentary breakfast between 6;30am-9:00am. The pool is small and clean and the jacuzzi very relaxing. There is also complimentary coffee in the lobby.
Good job

Room Tip: Room facing east are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The ROOM was clean and great. We stayed after a friend's wedding not that far away but when we got there they couldn't find our reservation. Strike one. They had also mentioned when we booked the room, that their bar would be open when we got there, it wasn't. Strike two. Then the next morning at check out, the guy was very rude. Terrible service. Would not stay here again. Strike three.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cristina C
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Christina J,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We are truly sorry to hear about the difficulties you had during check in and that the staff was rude and the bar was not open when you checked in. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the room and that we were close to the event you were attending. I would like you to know we take any and all feedback very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention.
I'd be happy to speak with you further if you'd like, you can contact me at the hotel Monday-Friday 9a-5pm. 949-455-7000

Thank you again!!
Perris, California
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

If you are seeing a concert at the Verizon amp. I would suggest staying here. We booked our room 3 weeks in advance for only 99 dollars on a Saturday. Our friends booked that night and paid double! There are taxis waiting for you out front when they know there is a concert. The irvine
spectrum is a mile away as well. It was a clean and basic hotel but got the job done!

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Stacey R,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am very happy that you have noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. On the other hand, please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We are hoping that you give us the pleasure of hosting your next stay in Lake Forest.

Karen G.
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods

Been to Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!