“Just right”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Sebastopol, California
“Just right”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was a lovely property and although we only stayed there for one night it was just right for what we wanted; clean, well-appointed rooms with helpful and friendly staff. Even the Wifi worked fine.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jane W
Kelli H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Jane W,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property and it was just right for what you needed. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Irvine Spectrum for a business trip. The service is phenomenal! Sean went way out of his way to accommodate with the shuttle. His attitude is great. He is a GEM! Andrew was very friendly and helped in any way he could. Even Darren, a maintenance employee (don't usually think about the behind the scenes guys) was great. He went out of his way. I was floored by an experience I wasn't expecting much from. Thank you!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gabbi D
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 3 June 2014

On Memorial Day weekend, my boyfriend and I visited this property after being on the road for a couple of hours. When we arrived, I was tired and hungry and I immediately noticed the large group of youth baseball players hanging out around the hotel. I ignored them because I was hungry. After my boyfriend checked in, we found parking in the lot (which was no hassle at all and there is a parking garage) and proceeded to carry our bags upstairs. The room was very nice and actually surpassed my expectations for a Holiday Inn. I worked in the hotel/hospitality industry for a few years and have experience with higher end hotels but this hotel was just as beautiful and the service was impeccable! While in our room, we noticed a lot of noise coming from the hallways and found out that it was the baseball team. I immediately became annoyed because I assumed that this would be an indication of the sleep that we would get. Boy was I wrong! I went down to the desk and spoke with Andrew regarding the matter and he was calm and confident the entire time. I can be a pretty intense person when I am hungry but it did not phase Andrew's level of customer service at all. In fact, when I went to the desk, I was an 8. Andrew's professionalism and demeanor brought me to a 1 immediately. He assured me that he would handle the noise and that we would indeed sleep peacefully. He was absolutely right. Our stay was nothing short of a comfortable luxury. He also helped me out with Motrin and hot tea in the morning. Thanks so much Andrew for making that hotel stay wonderful and for being professional the entire time!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ambyr D
Placentia, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

From check-in to check out our stay with my family was wonderful. We were here looking for a house because I recently was relocated through my job. The only issue during our stay was the business center wasn't in service but the assistance from the front desk with anything we needed was extremely helpful. The female manager on duty at the time said she would call me and let me know when the business center computers were up and running. I really didn't think she'd remember...To my surprise I had a message in my room from her later that day letting me know they were up and running. Great customer service!!!

Stayed May 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I booked this hotel curious by the reviews it received. I arrived late in the evening approx 11pm, and I was welcomed so warmly, that my gripe at how I got there I.e the airport shuttle from lax nightmare was forgotten. The staff at this hotel right down the line including the cleaning and maintenance staff are all very pleasant. There is a sense of pride in their customer services, that is deserved. Headed by the asst Mgr, Kelli, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!!!! Eric at the front desk stood out, very very helpful, and consistent during my 3days stay, an asset to the hotel. This review could go on about the niceness of the staff, because they truly are good. The room is equipped with a fridge and microwave that helps to curb the jet lag, I found the room clean, the beds and pillows soft n lurvely. The large TV, great especially yet again when you are trying to deal with jet lag the rooms are sound proofed, you can't hear anything outside of your own walls, Fab!.All in all this hotel is good value for money, the hype is sooo deserved, and I will definetly stay at the hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Our stay at this Holiday Inn was very pleasant. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and very helpful especially Kelli H. and Andrew (I hope I got the name right) who was the one who helped us when we checked in. Very reasonable room rates with free breakfast, free WiFi and free plentiful parking. Our room was at the I-5 Freeway side but you couldn't hear the noise from outside.There is a bit of sound and vibration from the HVAC unit installed on the wall but its the kind of noise that is understandable. Room was very clean and comfy with refrigerator and microwave which came in handy to reheat food. Location is very ideal for shopping and plenty of restaurants less than 5 minutes away. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Had a great stay here after I left another property I had originally booked to save a little money. The little extra pocket change was definitely worth it as the room cleanliness was night and day compared to its nearby competitor.

Front desk was very helpful upon check in and room amenities are just what you would expect with a Holiday Inn. Clean and comfortable at a good price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods

Been to Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!