“Most comfortable, friendly, professional and clean hotel within 25 miles!”

Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Huntington Beach, California
“Most comfortable, friendly, professional and clean hotel within 25 miles!”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Stayed here for a prolonged period (3 1/2 weeks) in May and June 2011 while vacationing and checking out the local resorts by the beach (5 miles away) scene. From Day One through the end of my stay-- I felt the hotel staff made me welcome, were friendly and professional, and knew how to keep you comfortable. "Jim" at the front desk was especially great - by the second day he knew me on sight - and greeted me by name. I haven't had that even at the Hilton! Thanks Jim!

My room was a King Non-Smoking - Executive Suite (King Bed, work area and table, mini-fridge, microwave, wide screen tv, sofa and office style chair. -- Very Clean- modern, well lit, sliding glass & screen door to the balcony patio -was very welcome for fresh air. The bed was comfortable, good pillows, heavy-weight blankets, fresh clean sheets and towels, and the bathroom was also very modern and clean. The heater worked fine, as did the air conditioner. The TV has a twin movie channel (ENCORE)which plays two different movies each day, CNN news and local news channels, and the usual fare of California TV channels. Free WiFi attracted me and worked flawlessly even late at night, and the Hot Breakfast was great - eggs, make yourself waffles, pastry, orange or apple juice, yogurt, - all fine. (The coffee- for me- wasn't strong enough - but ok). OVERALL I'd rate this Motel/Hotel FIVE STARS. Definitely worth your time!

Note: There's an average Chinese restaurant in the hotel - with "average" food. Ok if you are too tired to go out--but when I travel--I'm a bit of a gourmand and prefer much better dining - which in the Irvine Marketplace - just to the north off I-5 - is fantastically better.

About a mile East on Rockfield Blvd -there's dozens of very decent restaurants also- and a very large plaza along El Toro Road for other kinds of shopping. Ask"Jim" at the Hotel Desk where "anything" is - and he'll give you written instructions on getting there!

Other local motel/hotels in the area charge even twice as much - but I've found that the Quality Inn & Suites in Lake Forest can easily stand up to any of them for comfort, beat all of them in price, and match any in professionalism. I WILL be back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Booked a room for a night out with my wife. Exceptionally professional & courteous staff at check in. Very clean, fresh smelling, decently furnished rooms. Bathroom was sparkling & well stocked. Good water pressure in the shower. Comfortable bed & pillows, not too soft or hard. Not any noise/disturbance from other rooms. Included hot buffet breakfast was adequate for the AAA price we paid. Enough free parking, easy access from fwy. The AC was a little noisy, & they could replace the tube tvs with flatscreens. They have a stay 2 nights & get 3rd free deal so we'll be back soon.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are relatively quiet.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Riverside, California
Reviewed 27 May 2011

My fiancee and I recently had the pleasure of staying at this surprisingly accommodating hotel, it is centrally located right off of the 5 freeway close to just about everything. I went to High School in Lake Forest and never had the pleasure of exploring the hotel until now and I can assure you it does impress! It is quite affordable and as with all Choice Hotel brands everything was exceptionally clean and the property was very well maintained. The clerk at the front desk welcomed us warmly and the night auditor was exceedingly helpful when we checked out early. The only single drawback of the room was that the faucet in the bathroom was barely long enough to hang over the sink and consequently you cannot avoid bumping your hands on the sink while trying to wash them- nothing a little update couldn’t fix- other than that my only suggestion is an upgrade to flat screen LCD televisions but the room was just fine without one.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Great environment! ! Stay here when I am in town... clean.. &comfortable love it here .. not to expensive either ...

• Stayed April 2011
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I was pleased and impressed with the hotel service. The staff goes out their way to serve the customer. We also enjoyed to the excellant chinese restaurant. In addition, we found the rates to be very competative and affordable. Thanks again,

Camille Mendoza

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Foster City, California
Reviewed 6 February 2011

I stayed at the hotel for two nights while I was in the area for a concert at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater and chose this for its proximity to the venue plus the reasonable rates. The service was tremendous and very helpful in getting me checked in, and the breakfast was very good consisting of waffles, eggs and sausages. Let me tell you it was nice getting a hot breakfast in the morning.
The room was very comfortable and clean. I slept really well. I have had some hotels where the beds where miserable to sleep on but not here. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean.
I liked how the hotel was close to restaurants especially the Buffalo Wild Wings that was just down the block. It was nice having a place where I can go to dinner and have a few drinks without worrying about driving back to the hotel in a new city.
The only thing that I had a minor issue with was that the shower head didn't seem to secure, and not properly caulked in since I could pull it out a few inches from the wall when I tried to adjust the shower head but like i said that was a minor issue and didn't really spoil my stay here at all.
The next time I am in town for a concert at Verizon I am definitely staying here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Oakland
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Hotel accomodations were great. Front desk clerk at night was awesome. She was very helpful but I overheard her lady boss raising her voice on her while standing behind the front desk which I really think was very unprofessional. Didnt get the boss name but I was not happy to see that. Other than that my stay was great.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business