Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East/Lake Forest(Lake Forest)(Great Value!)
US$125
Courtyard
US$115
ExtendedStay
US$108
Priceline
US$131
Hampton.com
Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel(Lake Forest)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$103
BestWestern.com
US$153
Prominence Hotel & Suites(Lake Forest)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$114
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum(Lake Forest)(Great Value!)
US$112
Travelocity
US$142
US$129
All reviewswafflespancake making machinethe general managerbuffalo wild wingsamazing customer servicerooms are cleanfree parkingcomfortable stayorange countyflat screeneasy accessjimpennyfadicheckinkeycountertop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Nothing to write home about, but a decent place to lay your head at night. It's located right next to a McDonald's (for better or worse), but easy to get to from the highway. Hotel seems to be fairly old but they've tried to keep it up to par. Rooms are nothing fancy but simple and neat. I was on the 3rd floor and imagine these are better because I had a cool high slanted ceiling. Also mini-fridge and microwave were very nice to have in the room. Overall, not bad but nothing fancy.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Meliggy
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have stayed here many times over the past few years but I think I'll try something different in the future. The owner/manager is skimping on the small stuff to increase profits. Example, the ice machine on the 3rd level was broken so they removed it entirely and have no plans to replace it. (According to the desk clerk). You only get 2 bath towels, 1 regular and 1 decaf coffee. The sinks don't drain properly in more that one room I've stayed in and what rubs me the most is that you can book a room a month in advance requesting a certain floor and location I.E. facing away from Lake Forest Drive and when I checked in last time I was told that the rooms on the other side of the hall were already booked so I get the noisy room. Problem I had with this is the parking spaces were only half or so full. Who gets these rooms? Friends? Family member? So this has become a ho hum place to stay in my book. The breakfast is always good, the room is clean but they should wash the glass patio doors occasionally.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool or McDonalds. It's much quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Roy R
homeawayfromhome1, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

I see that you have stayed with us in the past and am very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your last visit. Just to let you know if you decide to stay with us again and we hope you do, you can always ask for more towels we are happy to give them to you and that goes for the Coffee & Decaf Housekeeping can give you more and so can the Front Desk. As far as the Ice Machine we bought a new one and have one on two of our three floors we are not that large of a Hotel many Hotels only have one Ice Machine for their whole hotel with more rooms than us. And unfortunately a request for a certain area of the Hotel is never promised we guarantee your room type, but not location we try to accommodate requests, but sometimes someone extends their stay and the parking lot is not always an indication of how busy we are many people come from the airport in a taxi, some are away from the Hotel for work or sports tournaments also you may have wanted to check in early before the room that you want is ready We have very good Value for the very competitive rates as you had mentioned in a previous review and this time even said our breakfast is always good and the rooms are clean.We hope to win you back and please ask for me and I will do my best to try and find you a room that is in a location of the Hotel you are happy with. We value your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

We have stayed at this hotel about four times in the last three years. Every stay it gets worse and worse. First they had a nice restaurant and bar that they closed down for no good reason.
The meeting room had leaks in the ceiling which made the room smell like mold. They fixed the leak the next time we were there, but that smell might never go away. The hotel is clean most of the time, but at all hours of the night there is always some sort of party going on.

At the end of our relationship with this hotel, the manager was so sour and bitter, she slammed doors around and pouted.

If you want to stay at an average hotel, stay here. The front desk and other staff is friendly, but thats about it!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
homeawayfromhome1, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

We need to start with credibility and clarify the restaurant comment, you stated that our restaurant has been closed for "no good reason" yet you posted a favorable review of the restaurant from this visit,maybe you have our Hotel confused with another. Our restaurant is open and has not been closed. If we were a Party Hotel I do not think you would have continued to return again and again and you did not mention this to us at your time of stay we do have security and would have had it taken care of, there were no other complaints from other guests at that time. Your room was above the meeting room which is where the small leak came from it has never happened before or since. I do not know what doors would have been slammed the type of doors we have are not capable of slamming and I know I had gone out of my way with special dietary requests etc. for you. I am disappointed that you chose to not give credit for all our efforts and choose to try and discredit us. I hope you find a Hotel that you are happy with and I thank you for your past business we did appreciate it.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We had a party there and the hotel and staff where great. The place is clean and well laid out. They did everything possible to make our stay a joyous one. A special thank you to Linda for keeping up on all the little details so the party would run smoothly. And thank you to the cleaning staff for afterwards. And the price was great for the nice rooms we had and the fun spa.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 December 2012

First impression was not great...our clerk was a bit odd and was not helpful at all, when we asked where the best place to park to be closest to our room he said "anywhere on the property" which was not the case... our room he said was "just down the hall" which was not the case. He did allow us to check in a hour before 'check in time' which was nice. The rooms were average..a couple of things that stood out to me were the bed spreads seemed very worn, you could not have the refrigerator and the microwave plugged in at the same time (but hey not all rooms come with such amenities.) The heater worked great but it sounded like a freight train wreck each and every time it kicked on all through the night. The hot tub was not working until the morning we left. One more added note: The breakfast area offered a great hot waffle breakfast with eggs and bacon but is not in any way handicap accessible it is down four steps with no other entry, I watched an elderly lady trying to manage her wheeled walker down and the attendant was "not allowed to help her down the stairs." I would probably not stay here again I would try the Comfort Inn and Suites located just around the corner.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family