“Excellent”

Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We hosted a family reunion and our family members (more than 40) stayed in this hotel. They were very happy with the accommodations, services and food. The location and price are excellent. Rooms are clean. Breakfast are good. The restaurant is great. We definitely would recommend to our friends.y

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stay here often and it's a really nice hotel I travel a lot so I stay at a lot of hotels this one makes me feel like I'm at home my room is always ready for me the staff is always friendly and they treat you great!!! The rooms are big and roomy and it's probably one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed at. I love it here!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

When we (3 rooms booked) it was before 3 -2:15p.m. The two men in our party, my husband and another man were allowed to check in BUT the one woman in group was told she and her sister had to wait until 3. Why? So we all waited for her to check in. By the by hotel was not busy. Rooms were clean enough although our bathtub would not turn off all the way-so quite a waste of water. Hot breakfast? A joke. WE waited 20 minutes for scrambled eggs-they didn't materialize so I went to front desk-same guy as day before still didn't care and neither did the young woman preparing food. Remember the commercial "1 potato, 2 potato...?" No milk for cereal, no coffee (reg or decaf), no fruit just some remnants of what might have been an hour earlier AND "breakfast" still had 40 minutes to go. reiterating, hotel not busy. Front guy didn't care about leaky tub. We don't care to go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2013

You get what you pay for.

Pros: cheap, especially if you get an Express Deal through Priceline. Spacious king bed rooms, adequate bathrooms and breakfast. Central location.

Cons:
1. First room had strong urine smell coming from bath tub. They switched me to a cleaner room that smelled better.
2. Internet speeds, especially at night for some reason, are slowest I have experienced in any hotel. Sometimes, I got dropped and could not reconnect without explanation. Front desk couldn't help obviously.
3. Could be cleaner.
4. Would you believe my room phone was dead? Front desk didn't believe me, told me I shouldn't expect a dial tone. Then we tested it and they believed. Nothing done to remedy that.
5. Except for the bathroom outlet and the one attached to the desk lamp, none of the other outlets would hold the plugs. They would fall out immediately unless you taped them to the outlet. I carry multiple chargers/ power adaptors and don't like leaving them in the bathroom. This is 2013.
6. Tiny, uncomfortable pillows.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This hotel looks and feels old and outdated. We ended up here because someone booked it for us on a team trip. The location right off the freeway is convenient and its close to plenty of restaurants and other shopping and locations. Walking in the lobby is full of silk plants and the reservation desk has a ceiling overhang I could reach up and touch. As soon as I saw that one of letters of the hotel name had fallen off and was stuck to the wall away for its a original spot I took it as a red flag. The poor guy checking us in had some kind of issue and even though there was a list and room key envelopes laid out knowing they were expecting guests the check in process was long and painful even though we had a reservation.

We stayed on the 3rd floor and I would highly recommend staying on this floor. We had a balcony you could actually go out on and a super high vaulted ceiling that made the room feel spacious. We had a 1980's wood paneled mini fridge, that worked. There was a large flat screen tv. But the bathroom was half updated making it feel a little awkward. The beds were comfortable but small we didn't hear cR noise from the Mcdonalds next door or parking lot below. Luckily we weren't spending much time there.

Room Tip: 3rd floor for the vaulted ceilings
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
homeawayfromhome1, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments, overall you did mention several things that you liked about the hotel, our super high vaulted ceilings, the balcony, quietness of the room, the convenient location to shops and dinning. And as a team we are always looking to improve our guests experience so we will take into account your suggestions and again we really do appreciate them we strive for customer satisfaction. We hope you will visit us again if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Someone tried to come into our room at 3am. I was woken up by a loud bang, and thought I saw light by the door. I just figured my daughter was in the bathroom. Turns out she wasn't. I noticed the security bar was pushed against the wall the next morning, and realized someone did try to come in.
I told the manager at the desk the next morning, he was rude, snotty, and asked why I didn't "call him when it happened since he was there all night, there was nothing he could do about it now". I'd already explained I didn't realize what had happened until I got up later.
Besides the fact that unless a person has the card keyed for the room, no one should have been trying to get in at 3am.
The breakfast was terrible, and overall the staff we encountered were very unfriendly.
We travel often for soccer tournaments, and I will be passing the word on this place!

Room Tip: Like the title of my review says - Stay Away!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheryl F
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Saturday Aug 10th on our way from San Diego to Long Beach. Book online after reading all the reviews on TA.
When we arrive we had to wait just a short time for the desk clerk to come back but once he showed we were registered and in our room quick.
The room felt a little dirty but wasn't worth complaining about, though it did smell like someone had been smoking in it and was evident by the burn on the bed sheets.
The positive thing was that after 10:00pm there was a lot of noise coming from the pool, we called the front desk and the clerk was apologetic for not having been aware but within 5 minutes of being told the noise stopped.

• Stayed: August 2013
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest
Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East
Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County
Comfort Inn at Irvine Spectrum

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!