“Great location an clean rooms”

Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Lake Forest
“Great location an clean rooms”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Clean rooms and comfortable accommodations. The breakfast was the best, especially if you love waffles. The staff was kind and professional during my entire stay. There is also a Chinese restaurant on the grounds, very good food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

homeawayfromhome1, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel we appreciate your feedback. I see you enjoyed our Chinese Restaurant they are very good and it does make it easy having it right in the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Oceanside, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was attending a wedding reception close by this hotel. We decided it would be a good place to stay the night rather than drive back to San Diego late at night. It took sometime to check in because the manager was behind the desk and there appeared to be no help. I was not expecting luxury first class service so I was ok with waiting a bit. However I did not bargain for bed bugs. We stayed the night, checking out on Sunday morning. Driving home I started itching. I looked at my arms and had numerous bits. I checked the symptoms on line and it proved to be bed bug bits. It is one of the most miserable itchy, ugly, things I'm living through... 2 days later I still have welts. I'm taking a medication and using copious quantities of anti itch lotion. BTW: we also noticed that the hot tub was filthy and opted not to use it...maybe this was my clue of what was to come. No quality here, just bed bugs!

Room Tip: Pull the bed sheets and look very carefully! I would share a photo of my bites but its too ugly jus...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carlyn Y
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I assure you we take all comments seriously and have looked into this. We have not had any other complaints about this of other guests staying at that time. But I do want to apoligize for any discomfort you experienced. We do pride ourselves on the cleaniness of our Hotel.
Idaho
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was my first time in this property and won't be my last when I return to the area.
I gave it excellent ratings in all categories because it delivered.....from the moment of checkin to checkout.
I appreciate the staff and the hospitality accorded to my stay. I want to single out Les at the front desk for exceptional service.
The property has restaurants close by. It is located in a nice neighborhood and easy access to the freeway. Itv felt very safe and secure in and around the property.
I highly recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We are happy you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your return visits.
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were in Lake Forest for a family reunion. We arrived a few days ahead of others in our group. The hotel was once nice but badly in need of updating. Soiled paint and peeling wall paper. The hotel is clean enough but gives an overall shabby appearance due to paint and wall paper issues. There was also a very large, beautiful chandelier in the lobby. The chandelier had not been cleaned in a very long time and looked dull and dirty.
The hotel was understaffed and I had to go to desk to get items needed for the room.
The day the rest of our party arrived there was a small letter sized sign at the desk advising that the electricity would be off from 10 pm until 6 am. Several in our group had small children and would need to be up changing diapers and feeding. No electricity was NOT an option. When the desk personnel was told they did not desire to stay under these circumstances, the hotel told them they would NOT refund their deposit.
We would not have even known there would be no electrify if our group had not been checking in and seen the small sign.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank perrjojo
homeawayfromhome1, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry that you were unhappy however this was completely out of our control it was not a Hotel issue it was Edison doing work in the area and we gave notice to everyone all of our management stayed late we had emergency lighting in the walk ways and stairs, we were giving out complimentary flashlights and even made an exception and gave you one of our larger free standing lanterns that was for our front desk to assist all the guests due to your family having a small child, but you were still not happy and wanted the only other additional lantern that we had to keep for our front desk. We also let anyone checking in that night cancel if they wanted to at check in not after using the room. Being that it was late at night most guests were fine and understood. Again I apologize for any inconvenience you had.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I recently had to stay here for a business trip and I will say that the service that your front desk associate Jose was truly exceptional. He was efficient and had a great personality. My room was a little outdated but very clean.

• Stayed March 2014
homeawayfromhome1, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to right your review, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff.
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

First views are nice, lobby and outside. Room large but a little worn and non smoking room was smoky, moved to new room fast. Only one towel and no soap once again call to front desk quick fix. Exercise room light was out two of the three days we were there. Breakfast was ok onsite Chinese Restaurant. was good also a great Thai place close by. This hotel is not a 2 1/2 star but a good value for over price area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
San Diego
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed one night, very old room and old furniture, but functional. Not really clean but not dirty either. The lobby was really crowded, receptionist was not as friendly but polite. They guy at the check out was really weird. Got free internet and worked well. Did not use any of their facilities. They have free continental breakfast but i did not try it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Laguna Hills Lodge
#1 of 4 in Laguna Hills
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest
Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!