“Perfection in Prominence”

Prominence Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

My fiancé & I didn't have much of a Valentine's Day so I surprised him with an executive suite room for 2 days. We've stayed here on a few occasions & each time it was perfect. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean, the bathroom is decent size with earth tone hues. The beds are very comfy, probably the best I've slept on & their morning continental breakfasts feature hot items such as eggs, bacon, & sausage along with pastries. The hotel also has a pool, hot jacuzzi, wifi & flat screen tv's. In addition, the place is close to shopping & restaurants. It's truly a great value.

• Stayed: February 2013
gm_prominence, General Manager at Prominence Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Guest ,

It is an honor to hear that you have chosen the Prominence Hotel and Suites for a getaway during your Valentine's day weekend. Guest such as you make us proud to do what we do best serving our guests.

We thank you for your review and we hope that you will visit us again in a near future.

Thank you.

Stan Yombo

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Kids had a sporting tournament in the area and this was the team hotel. We generally stay at the Marriott Irvine but decided to try this due to better location. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful when I called to make reservation. Staff was also very friendly during our check-in and entire stay. Location was excellent and bonus of a Starbucks right next door!
Stayed in "exec suite" with kitchenette, sitting room, and king bedroom. Was fine for our needs. I must agree with post about sofa bed. Sofa bed mattress completely worn out and should be replaced. Kids were quiet uncomfortable.
Generally all the decor at the hotel is quiet worn out and in need of a total rehab. Carpets were dirty, sofa fabric very soiled, and general feeling of the hotel was dated and older. Not sure how they got a AAA 3 diamond rating, it is in my opinion a solid 2 diamond.
Morning breakfast was good and plentiful. Waffles and eggs one morning, pancakes and eggs the next. There was bacon and potatoes also, along with the usual cereal and fruits. Breakfast sandwiches were good on morning we were running late.
One thing that really bothered me was a tacky sign in the bathroom and bedroom listing prices you would be charged for missing towels, sheets, hair dryer, coffee maker etc. I understand hotels have issues with stealing but this was quite rude and made me wonder what types of guests they generally have staying there.
Wifi was difficult to link to and service spotty. You needed to relink every time you went back on or returned to the hotel. Called front desk for assistance but was told to call outside company for help. Was easier to walk over to Starbucks.
Would we stay here again? Most likely if needed again for kids tournament, but not for a holiday.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Norgetroll
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I stayed for two weeks while receiving out patient cancer treatment. I can not say enough about how accommodating the staff was. From shuttling me to the Clinic, pharmacy and the grocery store. They also went out of their way to help me rent a car very last minute. The staff was friendly and very compassionate about my condition. The room was clean, comfortable and the breakfast was good. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2012

This hotel provided a wonderful stay for my time in the area. It was reasonably priced, clean, and near to the medical clinic where I needed to go. Not only was it close, but It offered free transportation to the clinic. The staff was very accommodating and tried to grant every request including a printout of directions to the nearest beach via local bus. The daily breakfast had variety, was tasty, and included hot items. In addition to breakfast, there were special treats, such as freshly baked cookies offered in the evening....free!
It was a pleasure to stay there. I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2012

This hotel is rated as a two star, but is better than most/many 4 star hotels. They are VERY accomodating. The hotel is exceptionally CLEAN and comfortable. The "cooked to order" breakfast is as advertised. There is an entire floor that has "PET FREE" rooms, as well as those on other floors that offer lodging to include pets.

Room Tip: Top (third floor) is quiet. Also free internet with the most updated computers is in every suite.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This is one of the approved hotels for events happening at Saddleback Church. I was involved in an event there, Share Da Aloha 2012. We were the only halau staying there. We needed last minute practice and they generously let us use an available conference room to dance.

I was the one who recommended this hotel out of the many that Saddleback has preference rates for since I used to be a travel agent and was impressed with the information provided on their website. We were able to secure their remodeled rooms. I got to see a few different rooms since I was staying with a group and they were all nice. Our Kumu Hula advised us prior to arrival that the lobby was a little weird as the lobby was dominated by amethysts for sale and other miscellaneous geodes. Whoever on staff decided to do that, please know that your affection for carved rocks is not shared with the majority of people. It really does make the lobby look weird.

On a happy note, the full breakfast with omelets cooked to order (thank you, Everardo) was quite satisfying. Also, Kathy was a star overcoming the huge breakfast rush and acting just like a manager should.

I took my son in what I deemed the world's smallest swimming pool. He is 4 years old and declared it perfectly fine. I guess it really is about perspective...

Room Tip: Ask for the remodeled rooms
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Took up the advance payment option. Great value, very comfortable, well equipped room. Friendly, helpful staff. Would definitely stay there again. Were visiting family, but are non-drivers in USA. Hotel on a bus route with good links to rest of the transport system. Also some great walking within easy reach.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Laguna Hills Lodge
#1 of 4 in Laguna Hills
Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East
Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East/Lake Forest

Been to Prominence Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!