“excellent hotel!”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
New York, NY
“excellent hotel!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Prominence while in the area on business. I had stayed six months prior and enjoyed my stay so decided to go back. I couldn't believe that several staff members (breakfast staff, van shuttle, front desk) remembered my name and facts I had told them about myself six months earlier. It made me feel right at home and also showed me how much they care about making their guests happy. The hotel is in a great location and the rooms are clean and spacious. You can't beat the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Irvine, California
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We don't like to spend a huge amount of money to get away from "the kids", the phone, the dogs, etc. We like out one or two night local getaways and this was perfect. Not too much money and the room had everything. DVD player, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and a computer, not just Wi-Fi. Very clean. I heard about the cook to order breakfast and I smelled it, unfortunately I was unable to enjoy but next time I will fit that it. Didn't interact with the staff all that much but when we did, they were very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: I don't know if this is a tip but we try to get top floor because we always seem to get the peop...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have been staying at the Prominence for almost 6 months now on business. I travel extensively for work both internationally and domestically. I tend to stay at business suite type hotels such as Residence Inn and Homewood Suites. I spend 40+ weeks a year in such properties.

First off, Prominence Inn has the best staff of any of the business suite type properties I have stayed at in my 30 year career. The Property Manager Stan Yombo is a large, friendly man who is obviously liked by his staff and shows them respect. That dynamic feeds through to the way the staff treats the guests.

The rooms are a bit on the small side for a suite hotel, but not cramped. The house keeping staff are fastidious in their duties from the rooms to the rest of the property. Juan, the Staff Manager is well liked by his people and is very friendly and will take any of your concerns seriously and ensure it is resolved to your satisfaction.

The breakfast is great. No nasty powdered eggs, they use real eggs and cook omelets or fried eggs to order.

The only minus at this property is that at this price point, which is very good for the area, they are quite popular with the kids sport teams that come to the area's many sports venues for events. Sometimes the weekends can be a bit on the hectic and energetic side, but all such properties in the area have the same.

Use the stairs, they have the worlds slowest elevator. LOL!

The pool and hot tub are very nice and well maintained. They could use a grill for guest use like other properties in the area.

This is a privately owned property and the owner has a somewhat eclectic decorating style.

Room Tip: The savvy park in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael H
Ruskin, Florida
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by this "gem" of a hotel. On display in the lobby are a number of pieces of amethyst - very large ones standing on the floor and smaller ones on shelves. I was told they provide a tranquil atmosphere - and they do! The common areas are decorated with elegant antique-looking furniture. Our room was nicely appointed and comfortable. The breakfasts were very good and the front desk personnel were smiling and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Barb528
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Came here for a last minute night out. Received a complimentary upgrade to their Executive King Suite. Huge room with kitchen and computer...Thats right it came with a computer, that blows Free Wi-Fi out the door! Comfortable bed, spacious living room, a lot of cable channels for surfing. The breakfast was great. The chef made me a personal omelette. Based on the price and everything we got I would definitely return here again.

Room Tip: Order your own omelette, request rooms facing the hill very quite
Stockton On Tees
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Couldn't have asked for anything more from a hotel and it was one of the cheapest on our trip, the room was well above expectation more like a suite, with full kitchen area and separate lounge had seating for 3 and even a touch screen PC, the Manager at the front desk was extremely helpful when I missed a toll charge during our stay, the information he provided saved me a hefty fine I wish i had taken his name, the breakfast was more than adequate with hot egg dishes on offer, the only down side was the pool it was very much on the small side, but with great rooms and excellent staff this place offers excellent value for money

Room Tip: We had the king size room, we couldn't find anything to be unhappy about, more like a suite,
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel is siutated in a great spot. Plenty of food options within walking distance. Very good service. The room I got was against the back that faced a hill. At night it was perfectly quiet and ideal for sleeping with the window open, which I like to do. The room was clean, large and very comfortable. Great beds with plenty of pillows! The bathroom was quite large with lots of counter space for toiletries. The breakfast was not bad. Not much in the way of fresh fruit but they offer made-to-order omelettes, any way you like. The Fitness room is way too small and there is no A/C in there. Not good when you're on the treadmill and someone else is in there sweatin' right next to you... literally! One tip, take the stairs! The elevator is SLOW and only useful when you have luggage. Overall, a nice place for the money. I would go back.

Room Tip: Rooms along the back side face a hill. Nice and quiet at night.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business