“Hot and cold”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
dayton
“Hot and cold”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Comfortable beds and clean room, but both days we stayed water ran scalding hot for 30 seconds and then freezing cold, switching back to hot and then cold for the entire (very brief because it was so bad!) shower. Complained the first day and they fixed it for the husband. Second day did it again, this time to both of us (we had to check out to get somewhere, no time to complain and get it fixed). Asked for a discount on the room for the major inconvenience. Got a Starbucks gift card (I don't drink coffee) and an apology, but no discount on the room. A comfortable shower is one of the most important things about the hotel stay. I would have liked a discount. I wrote after the stay and they offered a free night. I live in Ohio and won't be back so this was useless. They should have discounted the room. Met another couple in the elevator and they complained the TV in their room was broken. I think this hotel needs some major updating so be aware before you book a room here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Recently stayed here as part of a business trip that included use of their meeting room. Everything was great! They made sure that we had everything we needed and were very prompt in following up. It made our job much easier in the process. The rooms itself were spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was always smiling and the breakfast was a nice surprise with different breakfast specials each morning! What the Prominence lacks in pizazz they make up for in service and comfort. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I had a room facing the hill, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Salton Sea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

It has been quite some time since we last stayed here, but I thought it would be worth it to give a more current review. We had room 206 on the end of the 2nd floor. It was quiet, very clean, just a really nice room. We had a chair and couch seating area, a large refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV......and something new......we had our own PC in the room. Our friends stayed here as well and their room was the same. Breakfast, which was included was one of the better ones...... they have a cook station where they will cook you an omelet or pancakes, and there were all the other assortments of cereals, breads, waffles etc. So if breakfast is an important feature to you......this is the place to stay. Would we stay here again.............ABSOLUTELY.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

After driving 17 hours, we were looking forward to the nice comfortable bed that is shown in the pictures. We could feel the springs through the additional mattress pad they had on top. The comforter was nothing but a sheet of fabric with no filling. I had to use the extra blanket in the closet just to keep warm. The location is completely off the beaten path and is a maze just to get to it. The staff were not personable at all. The free breakfast was not even a breakfast. They barely had any selections. The décor is completely outdated and kind of strange. It is not bad for a 1 night business stay, however, I would have rather paid the extra $30 a night for a hotel closer to the water. I left more stressed than I when I showed up. Very disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Anonymous810
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming upon arrival which I appreciated because in other hotels I have stayed at the staff don't even look at you when they talk to you and hardly crack a smile. The room was clean and fresh and offered free Wi-Fi, free parking and free breakfast which is great value for money. The only thing I could say in a negative comment is that the A/C was a bit noisy in the room and I could also hear the A/C from the neighbouring room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thane, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for atleast 30 days a year since 2006-7 when it was a part of the Comfort Suites chain.

A very comfortable and homely hotel . Right from the reception desk to the brilliant guy & the beautiful lady in the breakfast kitchen in the mornings to the smiling housekeeping staff.

They make you feel right at home , which is what anyone missing home needs.

Will recommend this hotel anytime

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I'm usually in the area during the holidays for work as someone has to be working while everyone else is off. I've stayed in a lot of the neighboring hotels and decided to give the Prominence a try. I'm glad I did because I could not be more happy with my stay. The prices were very comparable to everyone else in the area, and the breakfast was amazing! Hands down the best breakfast anywhere else. Cathy and the manager, Thong (great sense of humor!), had a great rapport and it was a pleasure to run into them anywhere in the building. The housekeeping was very thorough, the rooms were immaculately clean and the in-room touch screen computer was a nice additional touch. My only gripe would be the doors, as the keylocks were very sensitive. They are the only independent hotel in the area from what I have seen, and I think that is a good thing as it feels more cozy and home-y than any of the other hotels. Would definitely recommend staying at the Prominence!

Room Tip: Corner room was very quiet!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest
Hampton Inn Irvine East - Lake Forest
Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East/Lake Forest

Been to Prominence Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!