“Great Place to Stay”

Prominence Hotel & Suites
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our whole soccer team stayed there for a soccer tournament. The staff was friendly & the rooms were nice. I don't usually give reviews but this place impressed me so much I felt I needed to. We had an early morning game on Sunday & we were not going to be able to get breakfast which opens at 7am and get to the game on time. So the staff went out of their way without us even asking to open a side conference room and had breakfast ready right before 7. They had us order our omelets the night before & all our omelets were ready on a table with our names. They also brought us extra eggs, bacon & pastries for a buffet style breakfast. I usually don’t like hotel breakfasts but this place really puts an effort into their food. The rooms were large and very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed here last night! Hotel staff behind the counter was very nice. We had a computer in our room that made my husband happy. He could surf Ebay for hours. Room was clean and up to date. They had someone there cooking omelets to order one day and the next was breakfast sandwiches. Also other breakfast chose's. Definitely would come back !

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Breakfast included in room price is varied, well prepared & a great way to start the day without the added expense of a restaurant breakfast. Cook posts a special of the day or will happily do a custom omelette. Suitable or adult or kids tastes.
Rooms a little outdated but since your not paying top dollar it's a good compromise. Maids do a through job every day. Wifi & computer in our room very handy. Suites with separate bedroom available as are kitchenettes. Guest laundry facilities on site. Plenty of restaurants & shopping within a few minutes drive. Has only 3 floors with easy elevator access.
Pool small but clean & kids seem to enjoy the time there.

Room Tip: Roadside a little noisier than hillside but traffic is generally minimal by bedtime so it's not...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Comfortable beds and clean room, but both days we stayed water ran scalding hot for 30 seconds and then freezing cold, switching back to hot and then cold for the entire (very brief because it was so bad!) shower. Complained the first day and they fixed it for the husband. Second day did it again, this time to both of us (we had to check out to get somewhere, no time to complain and get it fixed). Asked for a discount on the room for the major inconvenience. Got a Starbucks gift card (I don't drink coffee) and an apology, but no discount on the room. A comfortable shower is one of the most important things about the hotel stay. I would have liked a discount. I wrote after the stay and they offered a free night. I live in Ohio and won't be back so this was useless. They should have discounted the room. Met another couple in the elevator and they complained the TV in their room was broken. I think this hotel needs some major updating so be aware before you book a room here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Recently stayed here as part of a business trip that included use of their meeting room. Everything was great! They made sure that we had everything we needed and were very prompt in following up. It made our job much easier in the process. The rooms itself were spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was always smiling and the breakfast was a nice surprise with different breakfast specials each morning! What the Prominence lacks in pizazz they make up for in service and comfort. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I had a room facing the hill, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014

It has been quite some time since we last stayed here, but I thought it would be worth it to give a more current review. We had room 206 on the end of the 2nd floor. It was quiet, very clean, just a really nice room. We had a chair and couch seating area, a large refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV......and something new......we had our own PC in the room. Our friends stayed here as well and their room was the same. Breakfast, which was included was one of the better ones...... they have a cook station where they will cook you an omelet or pancakes, and there were all the other assortments of cereals, breads, waffles etc. So if breakfast is an important feature to you......this is the place to stay. Would we stay here again.............ABSOLUTELY.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2014

After driving 17 hours, we were looking forward to the nice comfortable bed that is shown in the pictures. We could feel the springs through the additional mattress pad they had on top. The comforter was nothing but a sheet of fabric with no filling. I had to use the extra blanket in the closet just to keep warm. The location is completely off the beaten path and is a maze just to get to it. The staff were not personable at all. The free breakfast was not even a breakfast. They barely had any selections. The décor is completely outdated and kind of strange. It is not bad for a 1 night business stay, however, I would have rather paid the extra $30 a night for a hotel closer to the water. I left more stressed than I when I showed up. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum
#1 of 10 in Lake Forest
Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest

Been to Prominence Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!