“Staff needs help”

Massage Envy Spa Lake Forest
Ranked #8 of 20 things to do in Lake Forest
More attraction details
Owner description: So what does massage have to do with your health? Stress takes a toll on the body and mind. But with regular massage, you can enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Long-term effects can include increased circulation, improved flexibility and a stronger immune system. Add Murad Healthy Skin facials to your wellness routine and you'll enjoy healthy, more youthful-looking skin too.
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I booked appointments for both myself and my Mom to receive massages. We arrived 20 minutes before our appointment times (both at 12:15) and my therapist took me back to my room about 12:20, however my Mom waited in the "tranquility room" until 12:45. Finally she decided to check up front to find out if they'd forgotten about her. Her therapist finally came out and went on to tell her that she technically should be on a lunch break, but would do her best to be squeezed in. Really? Breaks/schedules really shouldn't be addressed to the customers.

When my massage ended, I'd received a missed call and it was Massage Envy telling me that I hadn't shown up for my appointment and I was in danger of receiving cancellation fees. To make matters worse, my Mom received a similar phone call while she was in her massage. What planet are these people from?!? Overall, my massage was fair (and this is why I'm not rating this terrible on the scale) but the experience of such a broken, unprofessional, and mismanaged staff will remind me of NEVER to visit this place again.

1  Thank Mimi_Jho

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Peaceful, relaxing environment with friendly, pleasant staff. Excellent quality massages. Only reason it does not get an excellent rating from me is they rarely answer the phone. I have to leave a message and wait up to one full day for a call back or keep calling multiple times until I finally get through. In person service seems to take precedence over answering the phone.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I've been here a couple of times and decided to join a monthly plan. After working out its nice to get an occasional massage. Great service and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I recently had the most relaxing massage at Massage Envy. My therapist, Giselle was absolutely amazing!