“Made my St. Patty's Day Trip Even Better!”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I haven't been home to California for a couple of years now. I finally was able to fly down for St. Patty's this year and originally stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in Foothill Ranch. It cost a lot, but I figured that it was because of the name Marriot. The hotel was pretty empty though, and I found out after booking, that it did not include breakfast! Not to mention, the pool gate was broken so they had to have maintenance let me in!
Anyway, that was that hotel. I was there 2 nights and only expected to be.
Come St. Patty's day, I ended up needing an extra night and when I inquired the cost at my original hotel, it was WAAAAYYY more than what my 2 nights previously had been. In fact, it was the equivalent of the 2 nights stay plus a bottle of their water! Terrible!
So I went looking.
I found Extended Stay Lake Forest. When I went in I was greated with a genuine smile from the clerk and he told me the price for the room for one nights stay. It was less than my 2 night package at the other hotel! I was won over INSTANTLY!
So I took the room, and he told me there was even a grab and go breakfast the next morning to which my eyes were like saucers. Extended Stay just continued to blow me away!
When I got to my room, it was very cozy and well put together. Quiet too!!!
I will most definitely be coming here any time I need a hotel in the area, and have already told many of my family and friends about this location.
Extended Stay Lake Forest, I'll be giving you a jingle the next time I fly home!!!

Room Tip: I got the 3rd floor. It was really quiet up there! I loved it!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Extended Stay America Lake Forest. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I got this room on a deal with Hotewire.com, so the price was quite a bargain.

I only had to spend a night on my way from LA to Laguna beach, so I'm not sure on whether this location would fit with anyone else's needs, but it did the job well for me.

I liked the spacious room and the good WiFi signal in the room.

Breakfast is very basic (coffee, fruit, snack and oatmil)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank elodTlv
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I have been here at the Extended Stay, Lake Forest now for a few months while looking for a home to buy. This hotel has the best front desk staff. Everyone is friendly, welcoming and courteous. The rooms are clean and the hotel is quiet, I have never had a problem here. The parking lot is well lit so I feel safe coming in at night and I never worry about my car being vandalized. There is fresh coffee in the mornings down stairs in the lobby....and it's actually very good along with muffins & fruit. Restaurants/shopping are close by about a mile or two. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends/clients. Extended Stay (Lake Forest) is much better than any of the other Extended Stay in Orange county because I have stayed at the others hotels.....Sabrina Armstrong

Room Tip: I would ask for a back room away from street. My room is very quiet on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SabrinaRealtor4you
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

All I needed was a quiet and clean place to work and rest, preferably out of the hubbub of tourists or vacationers. This place was perfect. Located in an industrial/office community, there is no shopping (and no restaurants) nearby, so you'll have to drive a few miles to find food. But better yet, bring in some groceries. The little kitchenette is perfect for preparing light meals. Desk space was adequate; wi fi was fast. The room, lobby and surrounding neighborhood were very clean and quiet and felt safe. Everything seemed pristine and new. Bed and pillows were awesome--best night of sleep I've had in a long time. It was a great little retreat for me. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sheryl P
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Recently my wife, minature Schnauzer and myself had the best time at your Hotel. Our first stay and definately not the last . Great room very friendly and professional staff.My wife loved the bed and our dog loved the grounds.I will highly recommend your Hotel to anyone who is looking for a first class extended stay Hotel,Thank you

Room Tip: Having a small dog our room was on the ground floor close to exit door which worked very well
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexander G

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

My husband and I made a last-minute booking here through a 3rd party. Because of that, upon checking in we discovered that we had been placed in a smoking room, but when we went back downstairs and asked if we could move to a non-smoking room the young lady at the front desk (Jacky) was very kind and accommodating. She didn't have any equivalent (Queen) rooms available in non-smoking, so she bumped us up to a King for no extra charge, which I thought was very good customer service.

I've never stayed at an Extended Stay hotel before. It was clean, comfortable, and had pretty much all the amenities you might want. We only stayed one night and did not take advantage of the kitchenette, but it was very nice and appointed with all the utensils you might need. I was a little taken aback by the lack of a hair dryer in the bathroom, but no big deal. The TV channels were a little limited. The Grab and Go breakfast in the morning was nothing fancy, but nothing to complain about either - wrapped-up muffins and granola bars, coffee, fruit, and instant oatmeal. The coffee was good and I have to admit, I was pretty happy with my chocolate muffin and apple. This is a nice area with shops and restaurants in close distance.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mina_Loy
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Orange County – Lake Forest. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

My experience at this hotel was great, the staff is very friendly and accommodating. This is a great place to stay and would definitely recommend it to other people. It's clean and the room are very cozy.

Room Tip: Renovated rooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica H
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Orange County - Lake Forest. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels will remain the #1 extended stay lodging sources in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.