Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Reviewed 10 August 2013

From the outside, this hotel is in a nice location and looks to be clean and well maintained. The inside rooms, however, are a different story. Check in was very easy and staff was very friendly. Upon entering my room, however, I noticed that the bathroom fan was already on. In retrospect, I understand why. If the fan was not kept on constantly the smell of sewage seeped throughout the bathroom and into your room. Not something you should be smelling. No shower curtain, no hairdryer. I booked through Hotwire and felt I was given a poor choice of a room due to this.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The smell in the room and missing shower head you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I will be speaking with our staff to ensure that does not happen again in the future. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at nherrera@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The hotel had a horrible smell, the room was not clean and was not properly stocked. I will never stay here again. For example, when we first checked in there was a spilled ash tray in the hall. Three days later it was still there. I didn't even realize until I was walking to my room that the hotel permitted smoking on its premises.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013

If you're looking for a super clean, quiet, comfortable hotel with excellent management & staff, and all the comforts of home (refrigerator, microwave, cable tv, free internet, etc.) you'll be very happy here! And dogs are welcome!!

Starting from my initial call to book a room (Lupe the manager answered) to the front desk staff & especially the gentleman who works the night shift (everyone was helpful & friendly)! Clean, quiet & comfortable - good price & conveniently located! You sense that customer service is a top priority!

I feel super fortunate to have found the Extended Stay America in Lake Forest! It's a gem of a place! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stay here at least once a month for a few days at a time; staff at the front is always friendly and helpful with my needs. this is teh best of teh 3 ESA's i have stayed at 2 in the same city...this one is best. out of the way slightly, but quiet.

Great oatmeal for Bfast, but there is a great coffee place on the corner!

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms facing Lake Forest are very quiet and breezy!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

Bleached everything in the place. Handles, shower, shower handles. ALL the silverware and glass ware. Countertops REMOTE CONTROL. Luckily they wash with bleach when washing the sheets. Smelled icky before I cleaned. Stayed and dealt with it because it has modern features and close to parking. I have difficulty walking and I have a dog and they accept dogs.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank CaligirlinTahoe
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and your dog. We are very happy with our location and that we offer parking on-site; it is great to know that this was a plus for you. Please accept my apologies that your room did not meet our cleanliness standards. I am working with my staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at laf@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

This place was perfect for me as I was "in-between" looking for a new place to live and working full-time. The staff is very friendly; they would recognize me and greet me warmly. The rooms are large and clean. As each room is equipped with a fridge, stove and coffee maker, I was able to bring food and eat there with no problem. There is a beautiful trail right behind the hotel that offers a great view if the sunset. This is definitely a quiet and cozy place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Madeincali49

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review. I'm so pleased to hear that you you were able to enjoy the amenities in your room and the walking trail behind our hotel. As well, thank you for recognizing my staff.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I haven't been home to California for a couple of years now. I finally was able to fly down for St. Patty's this year and originally stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in Foothill Ranch. It cost a lot, but I figured that it was because of the name Marriot. The hotel was pretty empty though, and I found out after booking, that it did not include breakfast! Not to mention, the pool gate was broken so they had to have maintenance let me in!
Anyway, that was that hotel. I was there 2 nights and only expected to be.
Come St. Patty's day, I ended up needing an extra night and when I inquired the cost at my original hotel, it was WAAAAYYY more than what my 2 nights previously had been. In fact, it was the equivalent of the 2 nights stay plus a bottle of their water! Terrible!
So I went looking.
I found Extended Stay Lake Forest. When I went in I was greated with a genuine smile from the clerk and he told me the price for the room for one nights stay. It was less than my 2 night package at the other hotel! I was won over INSTANTLY!
So I took the room, and he told me there was even a grab and go breakfast the next morning to which my eyes were like saucers. Extended Stay just continued to blow me away!
When I got to my room, it was very cozy and well put together. Quiet too!!!
I will most definitely be coming here any time I need a hotel in the area, and have already told many of my family and friends about this location.
Extended Stay Lake Forest, I'll be giving you a jingle the next time I fly home!!!

Room Tip: I got the 3rd floor. It was really quiet up there! I loved it!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Extended Stay America Lake Forest. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Forest
Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel
Prominence Hotel & Suites
Prominence Hotel & Suites
#7 of 10 in Lake Forest

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest? Share your experiences!