Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsgrab and gomanager jaysmall kitchenhome away from homefront desk staffgreat areaawesome stafforange countycrystalpanslinenshousekeepingappliancesclerkfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Because this was a value based trip my expectations were not set high. I needed a place for a couple of nights and the Extended Stay America fit the bill both location and financial wise. We noticed how clean and well maintained the Hotel was iupon our arrival. The staff (Mario) was great and treated us noticably well. The room could have used a good vacuum and probably was not as clean as most but you must remember the value aspect of the stay. The kitchen was great with a clean refrigerator that blew cold. The cookware was upgraded stainless non-stick and the free wi-fi worked well. My daughter plays on line games and there was no lag. I had to request utensils but they were provided immediately. The grab and go breakfast was par and the channel selection on the TV kinda blew. I reserved through Priceline and got a great deal. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dominic G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dominic - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your room and all of the amenities that are included. We are also happy to hear that our WiFi worked well for you, especially your daughter who got to play her online games uninterrupted. Still, we do apologize for your room not being vacuumed properly. Please know, I have spoken with our staff to make sure that this is not repeated in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The room was disgusting. It was dark and depressing inside the hallways, and smelled awful from the elevator through the hallways and in the room. The room was beyond dirty. I question whether they cleaned beyond just making the bed. The staff was very friendly and helpful, though.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jonathan L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Jonathan - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that our hotel overall was unclean. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed this issue with our staff and we are working to revamp our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at laf@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

If not for the staff, I would have checked out after the first night. The room looked nothing like the internet site layout. It was mostly clean but the shower had moldy places and a warped floor. The bed was AWFUL - loud and hard and crappy sheets/comforter. The pillows weren't bad.
The staff was friendly and happy.
The grab n go breakfast worked as advertised (granola bars, fruit, pre-packaged muffins, coffee).
The laundry room looked clean and bright but I didn't use it.
My parent's stayed at an Extended Stay in Irvine earlier this year and had the same complaint about the beds - so I should have listed to them...Never again will I stay here....but the staff causes me to give out the second star.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I basically liked everything about this hotel, except the location. I have no idea why anybody would build a hotel this far from civilization. Maybe because of cheap land? I don't know. What I do know is it is not near anything of use and is far from the freeway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff offered you great service and you felt our hotel was very clean. I am sorry our location did not meet your needs. We hope we are able to see you in the future at one of our over 680 locations.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

From the outside, this hotel is in a nice location and looks to be clean and well maintained. The inside rooms, however, are a different story. Check in was very easy and staff was very friendly. Upon entering my room, however, I noticed that the bathroom fan was already on. In retrospect, I understand why. If the fan was not kept on constantly the smell of sewage seeped throughout the bathroom and into your room. Not something you should be smelling. No shower curtain, no hairdryer. I booked through Hotwire and felt I was given a poor choice of a room due to this.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The smell in the room and missing shower head you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I will be speaking with our staff to ensure that does not happen again in the future. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at nherrera@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.