“Excellent experience”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Taipei, Taiwan
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

It is located at great place nearby the shopping mall. There are lots of good restaurants around the hotel. It also provides very good and fresh breakfast. The room is pretty clean and quite big. comfort bed and convenient microwave oven. kind and helpful staff

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

General M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2015
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your opinion about your recent stay at Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel. It's a pleasure to see that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay. Our staff works hard every day to ensure that our guests are always welcomed with warmth and our rooms are always clean, comfortable and pristine. Therefore, your feedback is valuable to us since it lets us know where we are doing well and where we need to improve.

We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback about our hotel. It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again during your next trip to Orange County. The entire Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel team is ready to be your warm, welcoming hosts during your time away from home.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great location if you want to go to LA and San Diego.. Orange County is in the middle of both area. Great room large enough for 6 with 2 queen beds, sofa bed in the living room. stayed here for 4 days, free parking, free internet,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your opinion about your past stay at Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel. It's a pleasure to see that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay. Our staff works hard every day to ensure that our guests are always welcomed with warmth and our rooms are always clean, comfortable and pristine. Therefore, your feedback is valuable to us since it lets us know where we are doing well and where we need to improve.

As the new General Manager I would like to say we appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback about our hotel. It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again during your next trip to Orange County. The entire Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel team is ready to be your warm, welcoming hosts during your time away from home.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here one night when on business in Irvine as this was close to where I had to attend my meetings.

My room was on the 4th floor and was nice and big, like a suite. It was cleanand comfortable but not 'stnd-out' in any way... Just Average. It had a wash basin in the bedroom on the dresser next to the TV! Which was a bit odd and although a bit different I think I would prefer to have the sink in the bathroom!! Was just a tad odd. Bed was comfortable and shower etc. was all fine. Staff at check-in and check-out were very good and one of the maintenance men (Fernando I think his name was) kindly asked me as I left whether I needed a hand with my bags as I was a bit loaded down... A nice gesture.

Car parking was a bit tight as 90% of the parking was under a covered area (probably under the 2nd floor off the hotel) and the posts of the roof made for smaller than usual spaces, especially for US cars.

I did not eat the breakfast as I checked out in a hurry so I can't review that aspect, but it was included in my room rate.
The in room WiFi was a little unstable and I had to keep logging in and out which was frustrating at times. If in the area on business again I would stay here again but like I said it is very average.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

MN
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Free Parkingt, free internet, free cooked to order breakfast....what's not to like? Separate bedroom and sitting room with 2 TV's. A friendly staff, good location. Mac and Don's just up the street. This survey demands 200 characters, so this should do it. lol

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Fontana, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I just returned home from a over night tournament after staying at the Best Western Plus in Lake Forest. The room was ok, large enough for 6 (2 per sleeping area) although I only had 3 kids with me. The upkeep of the establishment was also , OK. I had 2 problems with this hotel. First, the front desk guy CJ was very rude to my children. We needed more towels and after calling the front desk for towels to be brought to the room, we were told to come to the desk to get the towels. Ok, still not too bothered by the inconvenience. My children (aged 14 and 11) go to the front desk and CJ tells them NO, you can't have any additional towels, he just gave them towels; the hotel is booked. My girls return to the room and after calling the desk and telling CJ I need towels he says bring the other towels down. The towels he gave my daughter previously were pool towels and we now needed bath towels. My daughter said CJ told them, DO NOT COME BACK HERE FOR TOWELS, THE HOTEL IS BOOKED AND HE WILL NOT GIVE THEM ANY MORE TOWELS. EVERYONE IS ASKING FOR TOWELS.
I spoke to the next front desk person, who told me the general manager was not there and asked for the corporate office number after I advised him of CJ rude comments to my children. He just looked at me.
My next issue was with the "FREE BREAKFAST". Hot Breakfast (2slices of bacon, eggs, hash browns) require a meal ticket and only 2 tickets are provided per room. If the rooms sleep up to 6 without a roll away bed, why only give 2 complimentary meal tickets and then charge for any additional tickets.

I would be hesitant to stay at this hotel again

1 Thank Travelalldtime
Thank you for taking the time to answer our survey and giving us your opinion about the quality of your recent stay at Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel. Thank you as well for expressing your dissatisfaction with the problems you experienced during your stay. Please know that we take your comments seriously and will take immediate steps to resolve the issues you mentioned. Our goal as a company is to ensure that as our guest you have a pleasant experience every time you stay with us.

On behalf of our team, I would like to apologize and assure you that we are already taking steps to correct this situation and will continue to monitor it in the future. I truly appreciate your comments in regards to our shortcomings. We value all our guests and want to make sure that every time you stay with us you experience exceptional hospitality.
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The suites are very large and comfortable and very clean. What i really did like about it most is that it has a balcony and you can sit outside and feel the fresh air especially in the morning.Also it is overlooking the pool .Thank You

Lake Forest, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Found hair in bathroom and even in the allegedly clean towels (not 1 or 2) , stair care smell urine. People coming to hotel are builders and painters that get up between 4am and 5am and you can hear them as the walls are thin. Avoid this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum
Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County

Been to Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel? Share your experiences!