“Great extended stay hotel”

Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great extended stay hotel”
Reviewed 15 January 2008

I was in Irvine for over a month on business and stayed at this property. It was ideal. The room has plenty of space to get comfortable and make it your home away from home. The pricing was quite reasonable. I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and loved the extra elbow room. You have a full sized fridge with an ice maker (so you don't have to go down the hall for ice), a microwave and two burner stove (no oven though). It comes equipped with enough cooking utensils to get by relatively comfortably. You can check out a toaster oven for a day for free or borrow BBQ tools to use on the outdoor gas BBQ for a nice steak dinner. They have a decent exercise room, videos & DVDs to borrow for free, free laundry facilities and a mini-grocery "store" onsite.

Since it is an extended stay hotel they only have weekly maid service and they don't have someone at the front desk 24 hours a day - however, if you have a problem there is someone you can contact (I never needed to).

The front desk staff was very helpful when I was trying to find places in the area. They happily did searches online and printed directions. They also gave me some great recommendations for restaurants.

If I need to go back to Irvine for work I would definitely plan to stay there again.

• Liked — Amount of space - kitchen
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 September 2007

We stayed at Candlewood Suites East Irvine on 8/3-8/6,2007 and it has been nothing but a disappointment.
1.The hotel description on Orbitz said that it had a pool, and it was the main reason I chose the hotel for my daughter and me. It didn't. 2.There was a renovation work being done directly upstairs from our room and we had to hear the awfully loud drilling noise during our stay. We requested the room change but the front person kept saying he would ask the carpenters to reduce the noise. It didn't help. 3. I left my AC adapter in the room when we checked out and I drove all the way back to the hotel from Torrance to retreive it on the same day. The front person said that Lost and Found Box was locked and he didn't have the key. He said that I could ask the management to send it to me. However, I was leaving for Japan and I really needed the adapter then. He said it was my my fault (which I agreed) but his attitude really bothered me as a customer. I drove all the way back to Torrance and ended up purchasing a 135.00 AC adapter at the Office Max. 4.Lastly, I called the management when I came back from Japan and asked them to send my AC adapter to NY. I gave them my debit card info and specifically requested that it to be sent in a cheapest way possible because I had another AC adapter and I was not in a hurry to receive it. Later I found out it was sent via Overnight(although I didn't receive it until about a week later), and my card was charged for $49. I received a package with my AC adapter along with 2 pieces of men's clothing items I had no idea about. If the package was sent via ground it woud have costed me only $10, according to DHL. It has been a very bad experience with the hotel. I have stayed in many hotels but their service was one of the worst.

• Liked — It had a kitchen.
  • Disliked — No pool although they adveritsed that they had one. Customer service lacks in people skills.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Matchalatte1
Prominence Hotel & Suites
#7 of 10 in Lake Forest
Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum

Been to Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East? Share your experiences!