Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewslaundry roomhonor systemorange countyfront deskfree laundryfresh towelsfull size refrigeratorquiet locationpantrykitchenetteirvinegymbusinessdishwasherblenderamtrakloan
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was being remodeled but I couldn't tell. Never heard anything. The a/c was sorta load, but it's not too new. Nothing big. It was very nice having laundry facilities available. They do have nice grills to use, I didn't get chance to use them. I like the computer desk that is there. I just can't say enough about this place. The front desk gentleman was just that a PERFECT helpful gentleman. HE needs a grand pat on the back.

Room Tip: Just make sure you ask questions. I ask to see the rooms first that I can choose from.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The Hotel is under renovation. There was noise. The water pipes busted in the hall and the evening before we left there was a flood in the bathroom of the unit above us on the 3rd floor and it came through the ceiling in our bathroom and flooded the floor. It was the first hotel I ever stayed at that did not have daily maid service. They said they change the bedding and the towels on the day you arrive and if you want clean bedding and towels you have to take the dirty ones to the front desk for exchange. There were no other amenitives other than a laundry room and snack machine area. For what we paid for the room I felt it was unacceptable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sal3521
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Dear sal3521,

Thank you for your review, Let me first apologize that you were affected when the water line burst.
That was unfortunate and unforeseen. We are an extended stay property. Meaning most of our guest are there for long periods of time, therefore we only offer weekly housekeeping. If you should require daily housekeeping you are able to request it at the front desk. I do hope that you will have the chance to stay with us again after we have completed our renovations.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I love this hotel, absolutely, but just a tip, if you are planning on sleeping in and don't want to be disturbed, be sure to put the sign on the outside of the door. That way staff will know not to knock while you're nursing a hangover :P

Room Tip: The standard suites are all I have ever booked, and they're all i've ever needed! They are seriously like studio apartments.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank d3vilkitten
Reviewed 24 November 2011

My son and I stayed here overnight. 1 bdr suite had a private bedroom, large sitting area with a double sofa bed and a full kitchen. The room was clean. The staff friendly and helpful. Not many shops around. Great place for value!

Room Tip: Go for the 1 bedroom suites
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed here recently for a business trip. High speed internet was FREE - how refreshing! The location for ME was great, although I must say there are not a lot of restaurants, shopping, etc. within walking distance (I was car-less). The room was VERY clean and the kitchenette was a bonus. There is free coffee 24/7 in the pantry, as well as a large selection of food items available for purchase either on the honor system or by charging the items to your room. Also included are free washers and dryers and a small exercise room.
The staff were very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. I will be staying there again in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business