“Best place for Mexican Food in the city!”

La Cocina DE Ricardo
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cocina DE Ricardo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 275 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Excellent Mexican food. Nothing fancy about the resturant but if you want really good tasty mexican food then this place is for you.

1  Thank Alohaboys4

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Every single time we go to La Cocina de Ricardo, it becomes a memorable day! The food is delicious, the service is amazing, and there is no pressure or rush to make you pay the bill, this is really authentic! I recommend the Shrimp Diablo!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I would give this place 3 1/2 stars if I could. It's a little above average, but the service was slow and the shredded beef in my taquitos were very tough. The soft shell shrimp taco left me wondering if there were any shrimp in it and it was very bland. The chips were strangely bland, too, although the salsa was homemade and very good. The chile relleno, on the other hand, was excellent and the shredded beef taco was good. The guacamole was delicious. Ricardo seemed like a nice man.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

La Cocina de Ricardo (I call it "Ricardo's") is my favorite Mexican restaurant in Lake Forest. I often eat there and have never been disappointed. The eponymous Ricardo is one of the friendliest restauranteurs I have ever met. He is unassuming, yet does not hesitate to wait tables or assist in the kitchen when things are busy. The food is authentic Jalisco fare and everything I have ever had is wonderful. I usually order the quesadilla combination, but I can also recommend the fajitas, the carnitas, and the tamales. The wait staff is great. They have all been there a while, which speaks well of their workplace. Ricardo's gives you great food and a neighborhood feeling at a reasonable price. You can't ask for much more than that.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I have lived in Lake Forest for 20 years and decided to try something new for my birthday. At first I was put off by the soda station, but looked past that to the full bar. My husband and I each got a margarita which was really good! I got the shrimp fajitas. Really fresh and good with great beans and even better guacamole. My husband got a combo with Carne Asada and a super chicken mole enchilada. Next time I will get a mole dish. Excellent food very good service, the owner came around to see how things were going. Will definitely be back, sorry it took so long to give it a try.