“Great Pastrami”
Review of Hat

Hat
Ranked #5 of 275 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

We visited on May 29th. The Hat is counter service. They all look the same, in and out.

They are best known for their Pastrami Dips, but I prefer the dry bun over the soggy one. Besides the sandwiches, they serve burgers. The sandwiches are a good value (roughly $8 each) and come with plenty of meat. If you order fries, go with the small size & share with a friend.

The atmosphere is beyond casual, with seating being fixed tables and benches, with a few booths on the perimeter.

There are newer reviews for Hat

Reviewed 18 April 2013

When you are in the mood for a pastrami sandwich, this is the place to go! Plus the biggest pile of fries imaginable!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

The Hat is your place. We visit the Orange County area a couple of times a year and since hearing about The Hat always go there at least once per visit. I've had the pastrami, the roast beef, the BBQ beef, and the steak sandwich. I probably wouldn't get the steak sandwich again as it was the least tasty of the sandwiches I've tried. The others I've had I'd recommend and I'd get again myself. The fry orders are huge...share one.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Consistantly good everytime. I have been eating at the Hat for 45 years! They know how to give you the highest quality Pastrami everytime you go! My mouth is watering while I write this!

Reviewed 3 October 2012

Awesome place for a pastrami and chili cheese fries! My wife goes for the "healthy" option which is the turkey sandwhich on wheat. They are very busy during lunch time but they are open late.