“Great Shasta Lake Location & RV Campsite”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lakehead
Dooney Creek Lakeshore Villa and RV Park
Avila Beach, Ca.
“Great Shasta Lake Location & RV Campsite”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great location, large pull thru or back in sites, very friendly owner, Connie. Short 1 - 2 block walking distance to local market and a couple of restaurants. Approx. 20 minute drive to Lake Shasta Caverns, exit 685, well worth the drive and cost ($24.00). This site used to get horrible reviews but it went into foreclosure and Connie now owns it and is a very customer service oriented person. Good place and large sites and good evergreen aroma. There is some I5 noise (not bad) and cool trains that go thru. Enjoy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndiamoBrian

Solo
Business
Roseville, California
Reviewed 16 May 2013

There are new owners as of May, 2013 per Connie the manager. The Manager was very Knowledgeable and helpful. Awesome place and clean enviroment , on the lake with plenty of shady area. I think they cleaned up the septic tank when I was visiting. Large recreation room with pool table.Our dog had a swell time in the lake. Lake shasta is amazing.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank fang l
Weed
Reviewed 13 May 2013

New managers are friendly and helpful. The park is a nice quiet park right off of I-5, along Shasta Lake. Nice trails make for easy access to the lake. Facilities were clean and there is even a laundry room. Will definitely be back and will be telling all my friends too!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank roopydog
lakehead, ca
Reviewed 8 February 2013

The unpopular owners left the park in July 2012. Great atmosphere now. Still the nicest, most convenient park in Lakehead for RVs. Doney Cove is adjacent. Grocery market, tavern, laundry and restaurants within walking distance. Check it out this summer.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mrwhattheok
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I stopped while in route north, to show my traveling companion the RV park where I spent many wonderful weeks, growing up. I learned to water ski on Shasta Lake. My parents celebrated their 25th weddding anniversary at Lakeshore RV Park. I wanted a few minutes of looking around, sharing and remembering.

I drove in, with a small hybrid car, at 5 mph, at 11 AM on a week-day. I made no noise and harmed no one. HOWEVER, my many CRIMES, while on Lakeshore RV property, were QUICKLY pointed out to me by a very rude and crude man, probably 50-60 years of age. As I parked, in an empty spot, amongst MANY empty spots, I got out of my car and was looking for my dog's leash. In the meantime, my dog and my companion got out of the car while my dog began to sniff around, not bothering anyone.
Suddenly, this caustic man appeared behind me and began to harshly tell me of my wrong doings, while I stood in silence, mostly in shock. Apparenty, I drove in on the narrow U shaped driveway, going the wrong way. There was not a soul moving around but this crime was unforgiveable it seemed. I was parking on PRIVATE property, my dog was not on a leash - and then, the last straw for this man was when my dog began to take a small poop in the midst of the pine needles. I was told that I needed to LEAVE! I tried to simply state that I was reliving some childhood memories but he cut me off and did not care to listen. AGAIN, he reiterated my offenses and stood there watching to make sure that I picked up the little poop. I then told him that there are more decent ways to communicate! As we got in the car to leave, I commented to my friend that I HAD wonderful childhood memories of this place. The rude manager, standing on her side of my car, then made the remark that "Old age is no excuse for driving in the wrong direction." I am 59 years of age.
To be in the hospitality industry and to treat people in this way is without excuse. My friend and I would NEVER attempt to stay in this RV park, EVER nor recommend it to anyone - all because of the management's ugly attitude.
I looked at the RV park's website, and here is a quote directly from the site, describing the Lakeshore RV park:

"If you enjoy boating, fishing, water boarding or just wishing to spend a weekend camping or rv'ing this is the perfect place. The place " WHERE MEMORIES WERE MADE".

Well, MY MEMORIES were not respected, by the LAKESHORE RV MANAGEMENT.
This particular manager has some real issues - he is a bully, likes to belittle and wants to show his power over others. Whoever owns this property needs to find a more hospitable representative.

There are many beautiful places to stay in the Lake Shasta area. No one should have to put up with this kind of attitude. Read the other review where the people were treated in a very similar way.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ClipCurves
Folsom, California
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We came to Dooney Creek for the easy lake access for our dogs. They let your voice controlled dogs run along the lake front and swim. Pretty cool! It was a little rocky, but the dogs didnt seem to mind. We went in May, not a sole on the lake. I'm pretty sure that would change in the summer months.

There isnt anything glamarous about the park. It's clean, they are friendly,and they like dogs...that's enough in our book! If you have dogs, stay toward the rear of the park for close lake access.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AussieMom3369
CA
Reviewed 23 June 2009

The RV park itself is fine. Many of our group tent camped and were put in the shadiest campsites. However, like most resorts in Lakehead, the campsites were next to a main road with ACTIVE RAILROAD TRACKS running parallel and freeway noise is constant. Some in our group are used to rugged camping and complained there was too much pavement. That's to be expected at an RV park. The boat slips were new last season and in great shape. This is the main reason we chose this RV park - for close access to a boat launch and boat slips so we could have convenient moorage and access to our boat. The bathrooms and showers were very clean and well managed as was access to picnic tables and fire rings.
For this trip, my husband was in charge of dealing with management. We had a large party with several campsites for 4 days and we were the "hosts". The park was MAYBE 1/8 full (a generous estimate). My husband forgot to return to the office to leave a cash deposit for the boat slip key. The manager (the husband of the husband/wife managment team) came to our site and threatened ME! (My husband had part of our group on the boat). He said the words: "We don't trust anyone!" among other threatening and disrespectful remarks and threatened to chain our boat to the dock! I was threatened and humiliated in front of many of our group and a male friend felt compelled to try to come to my rescue! Then we find out another of our group was harrassed for having a lantern strung between 2 trees because one tree was in an unoccupied site. On one of their several walks to make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be, again we were harrassed because we were taking up 3 camp sites. Of course in an RV park the campsites are very narrow. There are only maybe 7 or 8 other occupied campsites in this 100+ campsite park (our trailer was the only one in the row) so our friend parked his truck TEMPORARILY in an empty site next to our trailer to unload and our truck was parked in the next one TEMPORARILY before my husband drove a group to the water. A nearly empty park and still we were harrassed. You think the management would be grateful for our business. We managed to have fun despite this harrassment - the managers became the butt of many jokes and the harrassment was actually comical. Upon checkout, while turning in our boat slip key, the managers had to get one more jab in. They tried to tell my husband that he only gave them $10 for the key deposit because it's all he had at the time. He didn't give them a deposit at first, remember we didn't have the cash. So after the first confrontation, my husband went straight to the atm (which only gives out $20 bills, right?) and gave at $20 bill to them. When we checked out the envelope had the $20 crossed out $10 written in the space, and a $10 bill in it. Judge for yourself what kind of people these are. I won't even mention what we heard about the managers of Lakeshore Villa RV Park from campers at other resorts - just that Lakeshore Villa has a reputation of the type of treatment we had. All in all, the harrassment was a small thing - but there are too many other choices for camping at Lake Shasta. We won't be returning to Lakeshore Villa and RV Park.

• Stayed June 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakehead
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
#22 of 36 in Redding
Cedar Lodge Motel
Cedar Lodge Motel
#2 of 6 in Dunsmuir

Been to Dooney Creek Lakeshore Villa and RV Park? Share your experiences!